Fast Forward

Three years later......

"Hey! Move everyone. Let Shine pass through."

"Right. She only comes to school a few times and you won't even let her pass peacefully."

"Shine! You're so pretty. Can I date you please?"

"Shineeee!!!! We love you!"

Su Bin facepalmed as she passed through a crowd of people at the entrance stairs of Kyoto University of the Arts. This was her third appearance for this month to attend an important class and get an exam at the school but she didn't expect the students would spot her immediately and mobbed her on her way to the classroom. Well, she can't really blame these people. If there's someone who was causing trouble, it was actually her. Her appearance today causes disruption to the order of the school. She stopped in her tracks and faced them once.

"Everyone, I am very grateful for your appreciation and praises. But then today, I came here just as a student like you. Let's all go back and prepare for our classes. I wish you good luck on your exams! Ganbatte-ne!" she smiled sweetly as she said that. The students all cheered and quickly heed her advice after. Su Bin finally heaved a sigh when everyone started to go one by one.

"Aiyaaa... It's so hard to be popular nowadays. Even I sometimes get mobbed but not to this extent. Tsk,tsk," Mina chuckled as she went to her side. They are currently schoolmates but in a different year level.

 She also never thought this was possible to happen to her too coz.....

Right now, Shin Su Bin also popularly known in Japan with her stage name 'Shine' is currently the hottest popstar in Japan. She is a solo singer performer well known for her trendy songs and dance challenges not only in Japan but in Asia. If one comes to Japan, it would be impossible not to see any of her pictures as her posters are everywhere big or small. She is not a professional model but she had more billboard posts hanging on tall buildings because of the many endorsements under her belt. It feels like a dream. From a dancer to a singer performer? Everything started because of one accident and it led to where she is now.......

 It was two years ago, the time when her friends Mina and Sakura were rising in fame as a member of an idol group called 'SAS'. They had a segment where they had to invite a friend to play Karaoke live with them. Su Bin was chosen to be a guest in their show during one of their promotions. Since she was a guest, she had the time to pick up the mic and sing for them.

Su Bin didn't know what came onto her that time. She must have lost it really badly... At first, she was doing well and happily singing popular songs which were very lively and the girls all vibe with her as she sang. She nailed hit songs such as Bang Bang and Cruel Summer like nothing and she even danced a little to make it more fun. However, on the latter part as they started to drink a little bit of alcohol... Yes, alcohol. There was a little alcohol during the set but they have adults monitoring them. She was of age that time so she had drank a bit and got a little emo.

When she started singing the last two songs, she didn't realize her tears were streaming down from her eyes while she kept singing the song with a straight face, a little tipsy. It gave off a feeling of a vulnerable fallen angel singing a love song. The video was clipped by a Japanese netizen and it went viral overnight! People went crazy and curious of the identity of the crying singing girl. At first they thought it was funny  seeing a crying person while singing with a straight face but later on they find it lovely and cute! It was so popular that it has been viewed by millions in a short amount of time and it was trending for a whole week. The reactions were all positive and they even praised her singing as well as her visual.

Many companies immediately reach out to Su Bin after incident telling her they wanted her to sign up as a solo artist under their label. Even the biggest music companies in the country went after her too. Su Bin declined at first stating her singing was not really her forte but they promised to train her vocals before debuting her. That time, Su Bin was not yet part of any crew or any dancing studio so she had really no reason to reject such a good offer. She accepted one of the offers with a condition that she will have power over the decisions regarding her work as a solo artist if ever. That was how she was also able to pick her own stage name 'Shine'.