Chapter 1 - The Arrival!

<wandahoi Pov>

It's been a week since I left home to start my own travelling troupe. I kind of miss my brothers, mom, dad, and Big Sis. But I want to do this! It's gonna be a dream come true!!

And I-

Oh. Wait.

You all don't know who I am, do you...?

Hmm..well, let me introduce myself!

My name is Emu Otori! I'm known as 'The Girl With The Permanent Smile'.

You see, where I come from, not many people smile there. I'm the only one who does. Every day, every night! All of the townspeople say it's a bad thing. They say I'm cursed. Unlucky. Evil. Bad. Lots of things!

I was never really allowed outside to play with other children because of this, so I never made any friends.

But you see, my Grandpa was also a happy person, too! Long ago, he had this AMAZING theme park called Phoenix Wonderland! It had cool rides and awesome stalls.

But after 'the thing' happened, it was torn to shreds! He wasn't able to make people smile anymore...

So that's why I'm on this journey! I'm gonna make Grandpa's dream come back to life. I want to see everyone smile and be happy! To do that, I want to travel to all the Kingdoms and perform shows in them!

I've almost arrived at the next Kingdom: The Kingdom of Smiles and Happiness!!

It sounds like such a happy place, I hope there's some people who would like to join my troupe.

< Switching to 3rd person - I'll normally do this >

Emu was quite tired from the journey. She had been walking for AAAGESS, and her feet hurt so much!

(I wonder how far away this Kingdom is), She thought.

Just then, as she looked up from the ground, she could see something in the distance. It was tall, pointy, and had this weird wavy thing on top...wait...

Was it..a castle?!?

Emu gasped and started jumping for joy.

"YIPPEE!! THE KINGDOM OF SMILES IS RIGHT OVER THERE!!" She squealed.

Although her feet were sore, Emu started sprinting towards the castle. After a week, she was finally going to achieve her Grandpa's dream.

As she got closer, her heart was thumping faster. As soon as she knew it, she was at the gates of the Kingdom.

<back (and staying) on Emu pov>

Wow! I can't believe it! I finally made it to the Kingdom of Smiles!! I wonder what it's like inside...

I opened the gates and walked into the Kingdom, and..IT WAS SO WONDERHOY!!

The Kingdom was bursting with colour, and it was so lively. Some townspeople were selling things at stalls, some were dancing at the centre of the town, some were eating and drinking at taverns.

(It's so much happier here than my town...) I thought to myself.

I gave a smile to everyone I walked past. Some even shouted, "Good day!" and "Hello there!" To me. I felt happy here.

I wasn't made fun of for smiling. All of these people were just like me. Happy. Smiling. Enthusiastic.

This is how I wanna make everyone feel. This is my dream. And my Grandpa's!

I walked all around the Kingdom and immediately started talking to people about my troupe and asking if they'd like to join.

"Sorry, doesn't sound right for me..!"
"I would never leave this Kingdom!"
"...what's a troupe.?"

<hours after asking later>

*sighs* After a long day of walking and talking, I've asked EVERYONE in the Kingdom if they want to be a part of my group, and EVERYONE said no.

I guess I haven't had that much luck here, huh?

The sun is setting, so I should probably find a hotel and leave in the morning.

I walked over to a hotel called "The Starry Hotel" and went inside. It was so pretty! There were light up stars hanging from the roof and
yellow chandeliers. The walls were a nice cream colour and inside were lots of comfy chairs and a big sign that said "Restaurant --->".

I quickly booked a room and went upstairs.

I unlocked my room, and it was a room with pink walls and a king-sized bed, along with a balcony, a bathroom, a mirror, and a purple chair and a table.

I decided to have a hot bath, put on my comfy rabbit onesie, and snuggle under the covers.

I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Maybe I'll have some better luck soon....

<the next morning>

I woke up, yawning and stretching. I jumped out of bed, put on my travelling clothes, packed up all my items, and went to check out of the hotel.

After I left the hotel, I looked at my map and...I was really confused.

Was the next Kingdom there? Or was it there? Maybe it's over here?

Uwah-! I don't know where the next Kingdom is!!

Uhm, maybe I should ask someone to help?

I looked around to see if there was anyone I could ask.

Near one of the taverns was a girl in a mage outfit. She had beautiful, silky green hair and purple eyes. She was delicately eating her food.

I ran up to her, and she had noticed me.

"Hello there!" I said. The girl softly smiled at me.

"Well, hello! Is there anything I can do for you?" She asked. Her voice was so quiet and soft.

"Uhm, yes, please! See, I'm from the Kingdom of Fantasies, and I had found my way to your Kingdom, but I'm not sure how to get to this Kingdom here!" I pointed to where I wanted to go.

"I see. All you have to do is follow this path right here, and it'll take you to this Kingdom!"

She moved her finger in the direction of the Kingdom, and I nodded.

"Yay, thank you so much!!" I smiled and ran off. Before I got far, I heard the girl shout my name.

"Wait! Emu?"

I turned around in confusion.

"Weh?"

The girl smiled.

"So it's you..."

"You're the girl with the permanent smile."

⭒─ׅ─ׂ─ׅ─ׂ─ׅ─ׂ─ׅ─ׂ─ ۰ ★ ۰ ─ׂ─ׅ─ׂ─ׅ─ׂ─ׅ─ׂ─ׅ─⭒

YIPPEE NEW BOOK!! this one will not be discontinued, I pinky promise!

1046 words!! ☆