I'm not allowed to (D)

Dante's POV

'My coach lies on the floor. His motionless body pales as his blood drains onto the floor. A few screams ring out through the training hall. I ignore them.

A grin creeps across my face as laughter pours out of me. I finally did it!

Heels tap against the concrete floor before stopping next to me. "Child. Did you kill him?"

"Yes"

"Your name?"

"Dante."

I turn to face the woman. Her blonde hair and dark brown eyes contrast with her pale skin.

"Dante. You just killed my best coach."

I let out a low chuckle. "He was a pathetic snob. If he was your best, no wonder your guards are all shit."

"How did you kill him?"

"He kept yelling and I got sick of it. I asked him for a fair fight and bashed his ugly face in." A sneer spreads across her face as I speak.

"Then you shall be my new best."

I glare at her. "Who says I want to be?"

"Well, Dante. You're in debt to me."

I snort. "Fuck you."

The sneer doesn't even falter. "How would you like to protect my daughter?"

"What?"

"She needs a bodyguard, and I want the best for her."

"Why?"

She shuffles through her pocket and pulls out a photo. The girl's curly hair falls perfectly around her face and her hazel eyes glow in the sunlight. My heart skips a beat as I stare at her.

"Keep her safe and you'll repay your debt."

I look back at the woman. "And if I say no?"

"I'll kill you. But you won't say no."

"How do you know that?"

"Because you're blushing."

I smile and give her a nod.

Then I met Ava.'

~~~~~

Ava's arms wrap around my waist while her head rests on my chest. Her breathing is slow and steady as her mind wanders off to beautiful worlds in the land of dreams.

"Good morning," I whisper close to her ear.

She groans before rolling over and pulling the end of the pillow over her head. I laugh. "What do you want to do today?" I ask.

"Sleep."

I cuddle up to her and she relaxes once more. "Did I tire you out last night?"

She nods against the pillow.

"I'm sorry, my poor piccolo."

I scratch her back and she arches it closer to me. Goosebumps spread across her bare skin as I moved the blanket to allow for more room to touch her. I kiss up her spine slowly then bite her neck softly. It's still red from before and a few hickeys become more obvious as time goes on.

"After you sleep, what do you want to do?"

She rolls over and batts her eyelashes, "hmmm, fuck?" She says with an innocent grin.