Chapter 8: Small Celebration

"A few weeks after I got back from that wrecked research facility, Ash and the others have continued traveling throughout the region and battling other Trainers and Pokémon. Ash was able to get into the Indigo League. Winning on the other hand wasn't part of it. Regardless, Ash still remained determined to become the best Pokémon trainer the world has ever seen. I'm still wondering what that Pokémon I saw in the Abandoned Facility's security footage was. Maybe Ash knows? Jessie says She had no clue what it was, but it felt familiar."

You are attending a celebration with Ash and the others. Ash and the others let their Pokémon out so they can celebrate with them.

Gliscor and Growlithe helped themselves to any food they were offered while you were looking at the photo you took of the unknown Pokémon, wondering what it was.

Ash: "Hey, Y/N, whatcha looking at?"

You showed Ash the picture.

"Do you recognize this Pokémon?"

Ash: "It looks a lot like Mew. I don't know what that Pokémon is, but I feel like I've seen it before. I can't remember though."

"Jessie said the same thing."

Ash: "Really? That's weird. I wonder where they saw it. I wonder where we saw it."

"I guess we'll find out some other time. Let's eat."

Ash: "Aw, yeah!"

You and Ash go to the others' table and see them eating. Ash joins in, and you notice three figures that look awfully familiar. Ash finds out the food he ate was spiced and panted heavily to get the spice out.

The figures take Pikachu and you chase them out of town, pushing a button that sends up a wall. They crash into it and fell down.

"Yeah, ever since you did that fake city trick with Ash, I gave the town some suggestions on how to counter poachers."

Jessie: "You used one of our trap designs against us?"

James: "I don't know whether to be glad of its practicality or be upset it turned on us."

"It can be both. Now hand Pikachu over, and this attempt to steal him will be less humiliating than it usually is."

Jessie: "Sorry, but we're taking our chances no matter what we come across."

They take off their disguises and release Weezing and Seviper. Gliscor and Growlithe arrive to battle.

James: "I refuse to let my feelings interfere with our work, but since I had a Growlithe as my best friend, I'll try not to hurt yours."

"Wow, I'm actually touched. Now let's get this over with!"

Gliscor flew at high speed at the Team Rocket Pokémon and distracts them from Growlithe. Growlithe uses his Flame Wheel and knocks James' Wheezy into Seviper.

Jessie: "Perhaps we should focus on our tactics instead of our traps for a bit."

James: "That sounds good."

Gliscor took back Pikachu as Jessie and James return their Pokémon back to their Poké Balls.

Jessie: "Till we meet again, Y/N."

Team Rocket fired grappling hooks to their balloon and they flew away on it. Ash, Misty, and Brock arrived to help but saw that the fight is over.

Ash: "Sorry we missed the whole thing."

"No worries. We handled it fine, and Pikachu's okay."

Pikachu jumped into Ash's arms and they laughed as you smiled and hugged Gliscor and Growlithe.