Ruby Lucas

Walking home she felt a sigh of relief coming on. Not only had her talk with Dr. Whale last night indirectly saved the day, but she also got out feelings she could never fully admit. And what was weirder was that her worst fear was diminished; she never thought she would find someone who would understand: a monster, like her. Even though after last night's and this morning's order of events, she still felt more hopeful and more active than ever before. Despite Belle losing her memory and the Stranger causing inconvenience, she knew the worst was over. And part of her happy attitude was due to Dr. Whale. He didn't judge her, after all he experienced firsthand of what it's like to destroy someone you love...

 Monster to Monster. She kept those words in her mind because this time, when he used it, the term was not used in rage or hate, but in sincerity. Because he knew what it was like to look at yourself and want to rip your soul out of your own skin. At first, Ruby wasn't sure if she should tell Dr. Whale everything about her, but after seeing his broken form, it was the least she could do for him. Even though, Ruby was afraid that if she let him in, if he got close, he would get hurt, he might die because of her. She caused the death of people who accepted her: Peter, Gus Gus, her mother. All dead because of her.

 However, this was different. Last night was the opposite, she saved a life instead of taking one for once. And with his actions last night, Ruby found herself worrying about him much more. Drinking and jumping? What had that poor man gone through? Even though he managed to patch everyone up in good shape, to her, he was still so broken and tired. In the morning his face was relaxed and relieved as if the heroic deed he did was as simple as smiling. As if all he needed was the hope that he wasn't a monster. And she wanted to show him, show him that he could do good things, that he was not destined for darkness. That he was needed in this world and he wasn't a monster here, not to her, not to anyone. I should probably go pay him a visit, she thought, just to say thanks and to see if he's doing fine. With her mind set and an empty schedule, off she went.