Chapter 1, Part 1: I Missed You, You Know?

As Airi & Minori bid each other farewell on the last day of high school, their eyes filled with tears. The girls promised to keep in touch, to visit each other whenever possible, and to never let their friendship fade away. But deep down, Airi couldn't shake off the sadness that enveloped her heart.

Minori and Airi became busy with their respective studies. The friends often tried to connect through phone calls and text messages, but the distance between them slowly ate away at their once vibrant conversations.

While Minori found solace in her demanding studies, Airi struggled to adjust to her new environment without her confidant by her side. Loneliness shadowed her every step, and the absence of Minori made her dreams lose their sparkle. The art she once poured her heart into now seemed lifeless, and Airi couldn't help but feel disconnected from herself.

One evening, after a particularly challenging day at university, Airi found herself flipping through the pages of an old photo album filled with memories of her and Minori. Each photo was a reminder of their laughter, their shared secrets, and their unwavering support for each other. Overwhelmed by nostalgia, Airi knew she couldn't let their friendship fade away.

Determined, she picked up her phone and dialed Minori's number. As soon as Minori answered, Airi poured her heart out, sharing her emptiness, her struggles, and her desire to find a way back to each other.

Listening attentively, Minori's heart ached with realization. She had been so caught up in her own pursuits that she hadn't noticed how much her absence had affected Airi. She too missed their connection and the joy that came from being by her friend's side.

In that moment, the two friends made a pact to find a way to reunite. They vowed to prioritize their friendship and make time for each other, despite the distance and demands of their studies. Their love for one another was too precious to let slip away.

From that day forward, Minori and Airi made sure to schedule regular video chats, where they shared the ups and downs of their lives. Airi's art slowly regained its vibrancy, fueled by the unwavering support and encouragement from Minori.

As the years passed, their friendship grew stronger, proving that distance does not weaken true connections. They graduated from their respective universities with pride and celebrated each other's victories. Whenever they faced obstacles, they leaned on each other for strength, just as they had in high school.