Prologue

𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝟮𝟬𝟬𝟱

"Gyu Min, I will change I will do everything I can to restart our family. Please, I beg you to stay." That begging lady, in dreadful figure and sunken eyes is my Mom.

As a 5-year-old skinny neglected child, I couldn't help but cry while staring at my Dad who was about to run off with her new woman—well dressed, and was no league for Mom, she was smirking as she latched on to my cruel Dad's arm.

"How about we take her?" The lady pointed at me. "No, you can't let her take my child. I can't let you have her, never." Mom hugged me, tightly. It was deep, her fingernails were buried in my skin.

"What will you feed her? Her educational needs? will you ever send her to school?" Dad jumped on right behind Mom's back and took me out of the house. As far as I know, I was struggling to leave the house with my Mom's poor state, I begged to stay but I wasn't heard.

𝟭𝟰 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥

I'm now 19 years old, finally entering college as a freshman at Hanam University and being able to live with my step Mom and Dad who were surprisingly supportive ones –until I grew up. He never laid aggressive hands on me, my stepmom wasn't even evil as kids' books would narrate. Still, I can't find my path to reconnect with my biological mother. Hopefully, soon enough I'd be able to see her and seek forgiveness.

Tell her a lot about my chance to live in a well of family and being the only child they raised.

It did occur to me that it was unfair for my biological Mom to take me away, and not be able to raise her child but never in my 19 years of existence denied her being my birth Mom. I'm a proud Jung Hana.

"Honey, how many minutes do we have left for our flight to China?" Mom asked, she was retouching her makeup. "About 15 minutes, we will be able to catch up on time once we drop off our not-so-little girl." Dad squeezed my cheeks.

"Aigoo, our Jung Hana, grew up to be very pretty, and smart and now entering College. I hope you make so many friends and invite them to dinner at our place." Mom hugs me. "Don't get into a relationship yet, real love will find you." She added. Believe me, I wasn't so sure about that either. "I won't."

The Mercedes pulled over right in front of the entrance. Thankfully, the students were amazed about the car and not me. As I don't want to be the center of attraction during the first day.

"Fighting!"
"Don't get into any trouble, Honey."

Just like how parents would cheer up their child when I'm about to enter this prestigious University.

𝗦𝗔𝗡𝗔𝗠 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗬 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯

"The welcome ceremony will be held around at the Students Hall make sure to find your respective class first." The senior student council announced over the microphone.

Everyone looked around and searched for their classmates, I was high-key clueless as to where I was going. It didn't occur to me, not until a group of guys came up in front of me–wearing DriFit clothing and a bottle of water. Then there is this one guy in particular who approached me—eyes; epicanthic fold ones, monolid to be exact without any visible crease below his eyebrows. Covered in sweats and heaving breaths. "Hey there, new girl. Are you looking for your block mates? can I borrow your certificate of registration?"

"No."
"Oooh." The rest of the friends said in unison.

As if they were trying to put a bet on me. I know this act, this happened to me back then. To avoid any of this unnecessary situation, I turned to walk away from him yet he followed me like I was some kind of magnet. His friends were loud and couldn't hold their giggles. " Shoot your shot, Do Hyun."

Lee Do Hyun nudged them. "We're Sophomores this year, I'm pretty sure I can help you with your concerns around here, Sanam is huge, and you can get lost. So, If I may ask again. What's your name?"

"If I don't want to tell you, will you go on?" I refused, for some reasons.

The guy snatched the paper from my hand and then read it out loud. "Jung Hana, Hanna-ssi. I'm pleased to meet you. See you around the Department. We both take fine arts." He emphasized the word fine and left me dumbfounded. Did I just get robbed out of my privacy? I should just let my thoughts!

Threads: Jung Hana (@hjana11) - the first day is chaotic!