Prologue: Do You Like It?

Until you give your all you will never know whether the right choice was to stay or the right choice was to go

or the right choice was to go.

Whether you focus on your dream
or focus on your heart,
there will always be an ending
to every thing that starts.

————————————————————

🎶
I just wanna show you that I'm the nicest,
Tell me if you like it

————————————————————

A deep sigh left my lips as I lugged my exhausted body into my apartment. I had just finished working a 12 hour shift at my part-time job. While working weekends weren't ideal, free concerts and exposure almost made up for it.

Almost.

Commuting from downtown L.A. back home after such huge events made it hard to keep up the enthusiasm. I tossed my all-access VIP staff badge and my keys lazily onto my entry table. Dragging my overworked ass to the living room, I allowed my bag to drop from my shoulder straight to the floor completely missing the table. Carelessly, I collapsed on the couch face first with a groan too tired to go any further.

I'm never moving.

Snuggling deeper into the cushion, my resolve was immediately crushed by the sound of my phone ringing. I whimpered, throwing a mini tantrum before feeling around the floor for my purse. Before I could reach it the ringing stopped and I sighed happily leaving my arm on the floor.

I must be God's favorite.

I debated whether a little nap would hurt even though it was well pass midnight. As I chewed on the thought, my phone rang again.

Never mind.

I was able to find my phone this time and without so much as a glance I answered the call. "What do you want from me?" I muttered dryly into the cushion. "What?" The person on the line said. I turned my head towards the phone.

"What do you want?"

"Ew" replied the voice I now recognized as Lex. "That's no way to treat the person who's inviting you to the exclusive, elusive, ONE night ONLY listening party for Victoria muthafucking Monét's new album" she said in a sing-songy tone.

I sat straight up almost knocking myself off the couch. "You're LYING?!" I yelled into the phone with a sudden burst of energy. She laughed. "Get ready cause I'll be there innn 30!" I could hear the knowing smile in her tone. "Say LESS" I exclaimed, thanking her profusely before hanging up and running to my room to shower.

•••

Pretty much everyone that knew me, knew I was a Victoria Monét stan and if you let me I would talk about her. All. Day.