Chapter 5

Misty

"C'mon Connor. Take me home." I tell him. He looks at me. "Okay, I'll take you home." He says. I take his hand and hold it, but he releases. "Whats wrong baby?" I ask him. "That's not a good idea. Carrie and I are still together." He says. "Uhm, I thought she made it pretty clear you two were over?" I say. "No, no. After I drop you off I'm going straight to her house." He says. What does she have that I don't? I'm smaller and prettier. She may have a family, a rich one, and she may be smarter, but that's it! I'm way better other than that. "Well then." I say. We get to his jeep, and get in. "I promise I will be in the child's life. I will try my best to be a good father." He says. I smile and rub my hand on his arm. "You will be baby. We will be the best parents." I say. "Please stop calling me baby. We aren't together. Remember I explained this?" He says. Then we pull up to my house. "Want to come in?" I ask. He shakes his head no. "I have to go to Carries." He says. "C'mon. My dad isn't home, we can..you know.." I rub his arm. "No, I have to go. Goodbye." He says. "Fine then Connor." I grit my teeth and slam his door. He makes no effort to try to come after me. He just leaves.