Contract Husband

Once upon a time, in the bustling city of Xiaoyu, there lived a renowned and cold-hearted businessman named Wen Kexing. Known for his formidable empire and icy demeanor, Wen Kexing was a force to be reckoned with in the business world. However, despite his success and wealth, he felt a void in his life - the absence of a companion who could understand him and be a partner in both business and personal matters.

Meanwhile, in the same city, a diligent and hardworking scholarship student named Zhou Zishu faced his own set of challenges. Despite his exceptional talent and hard work, Zhou Zishu's grades had suffered due to his overwhelming responsibility of taking care of his ailing parents. His father's abrupt illness had left the family grappling with mounting hospital bills, causing Zhou Zishu to work tirelessly to make ends meet. As he juggled part-time jobs and studies, exhaustion began to take a toll on his academics, resulting in his removal from the scholarship list.

One fateful day, Zhou Zishu found himself rushing through the busy streets of Xiaoyu, his mind preoccupied with worry. Fatigue weighed him down as he focused on his next job interview, oblivious to the world around him. Unbeknownst to Zhou Zishu, his path was about to intersect with destiny.

At that very moment, Nova, Wen Kexing's highly efficient and crafty assistant, happened to be in a rush as well. While frantically juggling paperwork, Nova accidentally collided with Zhou Zishu, causing their belongings to scatter onto the pavement. Hastily organizing the papers, Nova took note of Zhou Zishu's worn-out appearance, sensing the burdens that he carried.

Feeling a sense of sympathy and intrigue towards Zhou Zishu, Nova swiftly reached into his pocket, purposely dropping a calling card with a discreetly written message: "HIRING - Seeking a Contract Husband." The card tumbled to the ground unnoticed by Zhou Zishu, who was still focused on gathering his belongings.

Nova continued on his way, his mind buzzing with the audacious plan that had just sprung to life. He had found the perfect candidate for Wen Kexing's search for a contract husband, and Zhou Zishu's situation made him seemingly ideal for the role.

Days later, as Zhou Zishu was sorting through the leftover papers from his job interview attempts, he stumbled upon the calling card he had unknowingly acquired. Confusion and curiosity washed over him, and with a mix of trepidation and a glimmer of hope, he decided to investigate further.

The calling card led him to the grand headquarters of the Wen Corporation. Standing before the gleaming glass doors, Zhou Zishu took a deep breath and stepped inside, determined to discover the meaning behind this mysterious invitation.

As Zhou Zishu made his way through the opulent hallways, Nova's eyes widened in surprise to see him standing outside Wen Kexing's office. The stars seemed to align, bringing these two souls together.

Unbeknownst to Zhou Zishu, Wen Kexing had been captivated by his sharp wit and dedication through the selection process. When Zhou Zishu entered his office, a sense of recognition flickered across Wen Kexing's piercing gaze.

"Zhou Zishu, the scholarship student who fell from grace due to unforeseen circumstances. It seems fate has brought you to me," Wen Kexing said, his voice a mixture of curiosity and intrigue.

"Yes Sir."

"Okay, You'll be my Contact Husband."

"What!?" His eyes widened, blinking fast as he tilt his head towards the guy in disbelief. Wen Kexing frowned noticing the man's disbelief look. Raising his brows.

"I said, you'll be my contract Husband."

"Mr. Kexing, I'm here to look for a job... not to marry you."

"Your job is to marry me." Zhou Zishu looks bewildered and couldn't help but feel a pang of anxiety as he stood before the enigmatic businessman, unsure of how he had landed in this situation. Uncertain of Wen Kexing's intentions, he mustered the strength to speak.