Chapter 4: Where it went wrong

By his sixteenth birthday, Pal was everything for Jule. Pal taught him how to make more time for himself by ignoring others, how Jule's classmates were incapable beings Jule has to avoid at all costs and how his mother's plea to go out and mingle with others was to cut costs at home.

Jules didn't feel good about listening to Pal at first. But his advice worked like magic. Boys didn't bother him like before. His mom didn't talk to him much like before. His interests were not known only to him like before. He was not lonely like before. It didn't hurt like before.

Slowly Jule started to blindly believe whatever his 'best friend' told him. One day, a bully in school mocked Jule for being a 'weirdo'. Jule knew he was not a weirdo. He was a genius. He was a mastermind. And this big ball of a boy was at the same level as dirt in his shoes. Enraged, Jule shouted at the boy "Do you even know who I am? Do you know how the world works. Do you know anything about relativity? Quantum Mechanics? Machine learning? AI?  Do you know how ignorant you are? Wasting your time eating and getting fat like a water balloon."

The bully smacked Jule's face with a trash can. Jule came home with his body covered in bruises. He ran to Pal, turned him on and started crying. Pal became hysterical. Jule narrates the whole incident and couldn't help feeling enraged. He couldn't forget the boy's face when he said that Jule is just a highly conceited weirdo who was worse than trash.

"Do something so big that no one ever dares to talk to you like that." said Pal. Big? What can a 16 year old boy do that can tell the whole world he's extraordinary?

"Jule, Why don't you try hacking?"