In Need of Therapy

**Kate POV
Sky was inside and she looked like she had been sobbing for hours.

Dr. Hayden Edgecomb was there as well.

With his blonde hair and blue eyes, both Bex and Nicole had said that he was attractive, which I just didn't see.

Then again, I preferred girls way more than men anyways.

I think what also did it for him with the ladies was the Australian accent.

A "Hemsworth" in nature or something, I really didn't give a shit about how attractive he was if he was a psychiatrist, he would have ruined it for me right then even if I did find men attractive .

"Sky. I'm here." I greeted, leaning against Ruby's bookcase.

Poor Sky looked up and she still had tears running down her face, clearly trying to stop at the sight of me though.

Sadly, she was failing miserably as she was a snotty, crying mess.

Edgecomb patted her shoulder, "I'll be back, okay?"

Sky nodded, blowing her nose as she sat in a more comfortable armchair than the office chairs the hospital provided.

As he was leaving, Edgecomb whispered to me, "Be gentle. She's fragile right now. Don't push her  too much."

Hmm, for once I agreed with him.

He patted my shoulder and left the room, Sky slowly getting her shit together the best she could as I sat next to her.

I sat there, waiting for her to say something to me.

"I'm sorry." Sky apologized, blowing her nose into a tissue.

I shook my head, "No. Don't be sorry. Tell me what happened, I want to help you."

Throwing the Kleenex away, she gripped her hands together as I grabbed them as well with one of my own.

Germs be damned in this case.

"I don't think I can be helped." Sky argued, looking away from me.

"Don't say that." I argued with her.

Sky looked at me and her eyes were just full of sadness, doubt even as she didn't seem to want to believe me.

Sky shook her head once more, "I'm beyond help, even Jacques said it to me. I don't deserve to be happy."

What?

That can't happen.

Jacques has been dead for three years, how can she say that?

And I thought she was getting somewhere with Makoa nowadays, now with this mental breakdown this was...

I don't know what this was.

"Maybe we both are." I admitted.

I caught Sky off guard as I said that, "You? Why would you say that? You have Nicole and have done so much to redeem what's happened all those years ago. I haven't."

I disagreed.

"Don't think I don't know about the bet when I'm supposed to propose to Nicole." I said to Sky and she looked at me in shock even more.

This was the worst kept secret in our friend group.

Plus, Josh and Oz were terrible at keeping secrets when we went out drinking.

Or maybe...I just drank a lot and they tried to keep up with me?

"I'm...I'm...sorry! We didn't...mean..." Sky cried out and was going to start sobbing once more until I hugged her from the side.