Chapter 1

This is it, new school year, new me. See, I move a lot, which means I have no friends, no social life, nor know how to talk without stopping mid-sentence. My parents promised we'd stop moving, which I have my doubts.

I want to make friends and be less paranoid this year, which leads me here. I am talking to my counselor, who is handing me my schedule for my first day. It sucks because this school started a week ago.

"Here you go— did your old school have divided classes?" He looked at me and raised a brow.

"No, uh— we had eight to nine classes in one school day." I played with my fingers as I spoke. What am I supposed to do with my hands? I am too nervous to be here.

"Okay. You have eight classes divided in two, so you would have to switch classes each day," He smiled and handed me my schedule and a map. "We call them even and odd days, but of course, you can call it something else."

Oh crap, the school is huge. Outside, it looked smaller, but the map says otherwise. It seems like a lot of walking, and I might get lost, even with a map.

"If you need to contact me to fix something or talk to someone, I'm here." He paused for a moment and then stood up. "You know my name, right?"

"I— uh—" I panicked and looked around. "Is it— Corazon?" I asked, even though he was the one that asked me.

"It can be." He joked and patted my shoulder. "It is Corazon."

He took one final look at my schedule and then smiled. Whatever he read, it sure made him excited.

"You have classes with a student named Law." He smiled and grabbed one of those school phones. "He is a great kid."

He then dialed the phone and waited for the person on the other end of the line to pick up. As I swung my feet, I looked around at his office. He has pictures of himself and a man, who looked somewhat similar to him, at a graduation.

My eyes shifted toward a picture of a skinny, grumpy kid getting hugged by Corazon. Something about happy families makes me feel a little jealous.

"Hi, Shanks, this is Corazon. Can you send Law down to my office with a pass?"

I stood there as I was mentally preparing myself to meet this guy. I grabbed my handbag and held onto my schedule.

"Thank you!" Corazon smiled and put the phone down. He gave me a thumbs-up and practically dragged me out of his office.

After some time, I see a boy, probably wearing eyeliner, walk over to us.

"Who's this?" The guy spoke. Whoa, he has a sleepy voice.

"Law, were you sleeping in class— anyways, this is MC. They're a new student." Corazon spoke and gave me a slight push towards Law.

"Okay?" Law looked confused and looked at me.

"Be friends with them." Corazon grinned. "They have all your classes for today." He pats Law's back. "It's time to stop being independent and start making new friends."

Law took a deep breath and sighed. He gives Corazon a nod and walks off.

"He's a bit moody when he's tired." Corazon smiled and walked back to his office. It makes me think he's moody all the time.

I soon chased after Law and opened my mouth to speak, but I got nervous. I wanted to talk to him, but he looked like he would shove me into a wall, so I had a nervous smile and walked beside him.

"I'm surprised you're quiet. Usually, new students would ask about the school and such." Law looked at me and then looked straight ahead.

I am confused about the school, but it's more fun to experience it than having someone give me answers.
"I don't— I don't talk to people much." I shrugged.