Chapter 3- Feelings

Robin," Luffy whispered, his voice filled with a mix of emotions. He had startled her, and her eyes widened with a complex array of feelings – fear, embarrassment, anger, hope, and love. Luffy knew one thing for certain: he couldn't stand to see Robin in pain, and he was determined to find out what was troubling her and to bring that smile back to her face, the one that always made his heart soar.

Luffy entered Robin's room with genuine concern etched across his features. He couldn't bear to see her cry, especially when he had no idea why. He took a cautious step closer to her, his voice soft and laden with worry.

"Robin, what's wrong?" he asked gently, his eyes searching hers for answers.

For a moment, she hesitated, her lips quivering as if struggling to keep her emotions in check. But Luffy's pressing concern only intensified, and he leaned in closer, pressing for answers. He could be quite forceful when he needed to be, and this was one of those moments.

"Tell me, Robin," he urged, his tone more firm, but still caring.

As Robin continued to avoid his gaze, his patience began to wear thin. He needed to know what was causing her so much pain. And then, it happened. She snapped.

Luffy stood there, stunned, as Robin's words crashed over him like a tidal wave. "You're so selfish, Luffy," she accused, her voice cutting deep, and he felt the weight of every sentence as if they were physical blows. He had rarely seen her like this, so raw and unguarded. Her anger and frustration were palpable, and he couldn't look away from her tear-filled eyes.

Robin's voice quivered with a mix of emotions as she poured out her grievances. "You care more about your adventures and battles than you do about me and my feelings," she accused, each word like a dagger to his heart, and he felt a lump forming in his throat as he struggled to comprehend the depth of her pain. " Don't you care, Luffy? Don't you care that if I lose you, I lose everything?" Her voice cracks

"Robin, I..." Luffy began, his voice faltering as he searched for the right words, but she wasn't finished.

She went on, recounting the moments when she had been on the brink of despair, fearing that he wouldn't return from his dangerous escapades. "I've spent so many sleepless nights worrying about you," she confessed, her voice cracking, "countless times I've patched you up after you pushed yourself to the brink in battle. And for what, Luffy? You risk everything so carelessly." Her words revealed how much it hurt her to see him risk his life for others, leaving her behind without a second thought. Even though she had physically been with him on their journey, she always felt distant from him when he did that, like she wasn't on his heart when he made the decision to run into danger.

Luffy's heart ached as he listened to her, his own eyes glistening with unshed tears. He had never realized the toll his actions had taken on her. In his pursuit of becoming Pirate King, he had inadvertently caused her so much pain. Guilt gnawed at him as he saw the depth of her suffering.

As Robin continued, she spoke of her fears of losing him, of being abandoned once again by the people she cared about. "I've grown to care for you deeply, Luffy," she confessed, "not just as a crewmate but as someone who has become an irreplaceable part of my life." She was afraid that he would continue to put himself in harm's way until he no longer returned.

"And I'm terrified," Robin added, her voice trembling, "terrified of losing everything we've gained, everything we've built together. I can't bear the thought of it all slipping away, as everything in my life always has." Her words hung heavily in the air, a testament to the depth of her feelings and her fear of losing the precious connection they shared.

Finally, Robin fell silent, her tears still flowing, but her anger spent. She had bared her soul, and now it was Luffy's turn to respond. He took a step closer to her, reaching out to gently wipe away her tears

She turned away from him, her shoulders shaking with the weight of her emotions, facing the opposite wall as she continued to cry. It was a side of Robin that Luffy had rarely seen, and it left him stunned and speechless for a moment.

But Luffy was not one to back down from a challenge, and he knew he had to respond. He sighed heavily and spoke her name softly, his voice filled with both remorse and determination.

"You know I can't stop, right?" he said, acknowledging her concerns. "I made a promise, a vow on my will, and I can't go back on that." His words were sincere, but he knew that wasn't enough.

"But," he whispered, his voice trembling with sincerity, "I do love you, Robin. You're mine, and I'm yours. And I'm sorry if it hurts you to see me do what I do, but I wouldn't have even made it this far if it wasn't for you. YOU are the reason we're gonna make it to the One Piece, and after that, we can more somewhere quiet and live out our days as the freest people in the world!" Luffy declared loudly, his grin returning as he looked at her turned back.

Robin gasped softly, her heart swelling with emotion. He shared her dream, the dream of a peaceful life together. A small cottage in the woods, growing old and happy. All she had to do was continue supporting her captain, believing in their strength and the family they had.

With tears in her eyes, she turned back to him, her smile radiant through the tears. She nodded, then impulsively leaped from the bed, crashing into his arms. She hugged him tightly, her voice barely a whisper as she responded, "I can't wait, captain."

Their lips met in a loving kiss, sealing their unspoken promises. In that moment, as they held each other close, they both knew that no matter the challenges and dangers ahead, they would face them together. The bond between them had grown stronger, and their hearts were now realigned on a shared journey toward a future filled with love, adventure, and the pursuit of their dreams.

Unbeknownst to Luffy, Robin held him even tighter, as if never wanting to let him go. She loved him deeply, more than words could express. She felt like she owed her very existence to him, and the thought of his death killed her inside. She cherished every moment with him, and she guessed she was willing to endure the pain of his adventures if it meant staying by his side.