Turn 1 - The return of the hero

Link Vrains, the place that once saw the most fierce battles in this world where the values of life and free will were put to a test, is now remembered as the place where everyone's hearts and dreams are connected through dueling, and it has evolved from an isolated VR world to the breach that connects every virtual world that has spawned in the network, but as of now, it will become the connection between this world and something bigger...

It's been nearly a year since Link Vrains re-opening and Zaizen Akira's taking over as Sol Technologies new president. There were many rumors about the strange movements the company went through with Queen's sudden departure and many concerns about an event like Bohman's attack repeating. But they were all forgotten and eclipsed by the great improvements to life achieved by Sol's new directive, and today the company commemorates that with a new announcement that will, of course, cause a big surprise and commotion among people in Link Vrains.

As if it were a carnival, the place was full, new connections were happening every second, and while waiting for the announcement, dueling was taking place everywhere at any time. Unfortunately, not everything can go as expected; a security alert of maximum level has been raised in no other place but on the Sol Technologies mainframe inside Link Vrains.

Zaizen: ¡Hayami! What's going on? Inform me of the full situation.

Hayami: President Zaizen... A hacker has managed to infiltrate the systems; they have uploaded a powerful virus that's affecting not only Link Vrains but the city's whole systems.

Zaizen: Everyone Isolate the system and prepare countermeasures as fast as we can! Has anyone located the culprit?

--- We identify the attack is coming from inside Link Vrains; the culprit's avatar has also been modified, and we cannot access their data or force them to log out. While we locate him in the real world, we've sent security... and the Knights of Hanoi started acting as well.

Zaizen: Fine. We cannot allow ourselves to cause a commotion among the users in Link Vrains. However, let's prepare to force a mass logout if the worst-case scenario presents itself. In the meantime, let's watch closely and find the perpetrator.

Zaizen fears a new enemy has appeared to destroy the peace that has been achieved through many sacrifices, but wonders who or what it could be. With all of the Ignis eradicated and the knights of Hanoi allegedly on the good side, what could be the cause of this new threat? Meanwhile, somewhere in Link Vrains, we can see a new great structure that has been recently created: AI Land, a new theme park with many duel monsters based attractions and a giant and advanced duel arena created to commemorate this new age of prosperity, is going to open to the public alongside the new announcement. Here, a mysterious person covered in a cloak speeds up on their D-board, seeming to be a bit lost and confused, running away from something.

-- Damit! I was told to input the flash drive into any of the computers around here and everything would work fine; that's why I told them that someone else should have done this computer stuff.

- Don't be too harsh on yourself. Everything was going fine until that guy showed up.

- That's odd; we were told this would be an inhibited area until the big announcement later today. What's he doing here?

Moving at full speed, the figure of another person is closely approaching our mysterious hacker. A face that has not been seen very often in recent times but is still well known to everyone. The hero of Link Vrains, none other than Playmaker. Yusaku Fujiki itself.

Playmaker: Who are you? Why are you interfering with Link Vrain's system? Tell me right now!

- I could ask you the same. After all, this is an off-limits area, as far as I'm aware.