Turn 5 - Battle at the edge of desperation

Yusaku is still confused and hasn't processed what is just going on; all he can do is watch for Aoi and try to keep it together while Yuma handles this situation.

UC: SO YOU CAN CONTROL THE POWER OF THE SHADOWS AS WELL...

Yuma: That sounds so weird. What does it mean by that?

Astral: Vector told me about it once; apparently, that's how humans used to refer to the ability to control the spirits of duel monsters in the distant past.

UC: THEN I'LL SUBIMIT YOU IN A YAMI NO GAME (Shadow Game).

The severed arm of the creature regenerates, and from it another extension of its body grows and takes the shape of a duel disk.

Yuma: Shadow game? If you want a duel, can't you not make it sound so creepy and evil? Well, I don't care about your shadows or whatever; I'll beat it with my Kattobingu!

Astral: Well,The power of chaos we use works in a similar way; we're not so different from it.

Yuma: Shut up !

Yusaku: Excuse me... Yuma, right? What exactly is the being next to you? Is that an AI?

Yuma: huh? You mean Astral? Wait, so you can see him?

Astral: Interesting, it seems that in this dimension there are humans whose souls have also ranked up.

Yusaku: What do you mean by that?

Yuma: Listen, there will be time to chit-chat later. For now, all you need to know is that Astral is my partner!

Yusaku: partner, eh?

Yuma pulls out his duel disk; he also puts out his D-Gazer, although this is done mostly as a habit. It's been a couple of days since he arrived in this dimension, and by now he's aware this world doesn't have an AR system like Heartland. So his D-gazer doesn't really do anything. The evil being takes the first turn of the duel:

UC: I summon Empty Vessel in attack mode, then I set two cards face down and end my turn.

Yuma: a monster with 0 atk? I'll end you in one shot! My turn!

Yuma: I summon gagaga magician in attack mode, and since I summoned a lvl 4 monster, I can special summon Kagetokage from my hand.

Yuma: I overlay my lvl 4 gagaga magician and kagetokate! With these two monsters, I build the overlay network! XYZ Summon!

Yuma: come forth! Number 39! Aspiring Emperor - Hope!

Once Yusaku sees hope, he realizes that this is the monster that just saved him moments ago. He also realizes that he had never heard of something like "Number", Even though he was familiar with xyz summon, this monster is something different, and it's giving him a similar vibe to the Pendulum monsters used by Yuya. Could these two be related somehow?

Yuma: Battle I attack empty vessel with Aspiring Emperor - Hope!

Aoi: He will deal a lot of damage to that thing, but it's not enough to end him with a 0 attack monster. Is he an amateur?

Yuma: I activate Hope's effect. By detaching one overlay unit, I can negate the attack of one opponent. I negate Hope's attack.

Yusaku: negating his own attack?