Turn 2 - Venomous Smile

At the beginning of this duel, Yuya's face was full of joy, his eyes displayed the charming and pure heart he has, and his signature smile always let you know he was enjoying dueling to the fullest. However, the person in front of Playmaker right now was different from that. Even though his face still had a mile on it, it was more like a twisted, filled with malice, smirk; sharp eyes looking at playmakers as a predator looking at its prey; also, Yuya's clothes resembled a school-looking uniform; and even though this person had something similar, it was more like a military-ish sort of getup. and off-setting fellow similar to its off-setting dragon.

Inside a virtual world, it's not unusual to see characters with an edgy sort of style, but there's no functionality to update your appearance right in the middle of a duel. The only time the playmaker had witnessed something like this was when Aoi Zaizen turned from Blue Girl into Blue Maiden, but that was due to Aqua's influence, so it couldn't be the case right now.

Playmaker: What are you exactly? Where's Yuya?

Yuri: Well, it's correct to assume that I'm not Yuya. But at the same time, it is wrong to do so. But it's pointless to be concerned about the details; I'll end this right now.

Yusaku: ... Since there's another monster in a zone Decode Talker is pointing to, its attack increases by 500.

Decode Talker ATK 2800 -> 3300.

Yuri: If Predaplant Bufolicula is placed face up in the extra deck because it was used as a fusion material, I can add one other face-up dark pendulum monster from my extra deck to my hand. I add Timegazer Magician to my hand.

Yuri: Starve venom Fusion Dragon effect activates: it gains the combined attack of all other special summoned monsters on the field.

Starve Venom Fusion Dragon ATK 2800 -> 9700

One single blow from Starve Venom should be enough to win this duel. But Yuri has had enough time watching from inside Yuya's soul to know things won't go his way in this dimension that easily. So given the fact that speed duels don't have main phase 2, he decides to take the safe path and activates Recovery Magician's monster effect. Once per turn, he can switch it to defense mode, then gain life points equal to Recovery Magician's current atk points, and if it does, he can add one face-up pendulum monster from his extra deck to his hand. In doing so, his life increases to 6200, and he adds back Stargazer Magician to his hand. With no more plays available and seemingly having the upper hand, Yuri proceeds to the battle phase and attacks Decode Talker, attempting to wipe out Playmaker's life points at once.

Playmaker: From my hand, I activate the Gateway Gardna effect: If my Cyberse Link monster is attacked, I can reduce its ATK by 1000 points and special summon this card from my hand to end the battle phase.

Decode Talker ATK 3300 -> 2300

Yuri: Those cheap tricks are nothing but a sign of desperation. But well, during the end phase, Starve Venom's attack returns to 2800. I end my turn.

Playmaker: My turn. Draw. I will end this now. I use Gateway Gardna and Backup Secretary as materials to link summon Update Jammer. And now I'll use Decode Talker and Update Jammer as link materials.

Playmaker: Appear! The circuit that leads to the future! Link Summon! Appear, Link 4 Accesscode Talker!

Yuri: That weakling can't stand to starve Venom. Are you that afraid that you misplayed that badly?

Playmaker: Are you sure about that? If Accesscode Talker is Link summoned, I can target one link monster that was used as material, and Accesscode gains 1000 atk points for each link marker that monster has. I target Decode Talker!