Seriously dad? You had to have me truth sing?

Will pov
As I went to dinner I looked over at the Hermes cabin.I saw Shirley sitting there. But she wasn't joking or laughing like the others she just kept to herself with her book next to her. She definitely gives me Athena kid vibes I thought.

After dinner before going back to the infirmary I felt a tap on my shoulder. I saw Shirley there. She asked if I wanted to come to the campfire singalong. "Sure " I said realizing I hadn't been to one in awhile. Shirley face widened with joy.

We went to the fire pit. As I sat down by Nico who was sitting at the back his eyes sharp like needles. But I liked it. It makes him look so much cuter.

As I looked over I saw Shirley sitting by the tree singing along but with no one. So I waved her over. When she got to us I said " sit with us ". She did. As  we were singing to the camp songs I couldn't help but notice that she has a amazing voice. Like a child of Apollo has.

After the campfire time was done everyone went to different places to hang out before curfew. I went to the infirmary. I just decided to just be there. Shirley has been mixing my emotions. I suddenly started to sing.

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see are all made of gold
When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all, and the blood's run stale
I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
When you feel my heat, look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close, it's dark inside
It's where my demons hide
At the curtain's call
It's the last of all
When the lights fade out, all the sinners crawl
So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out at the mess you've made
Don't wanna let you down
But I am hell-bound
Though this is all for you
Don't wanna hide the truth
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
When you feel my heat, look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close, it's dark inside
It's where my demons hide
They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat, look into my eyes
It's where my demons hide
Don't get too close, it's dark inside
It's where my demons hide

While I was singing I realized I was getting truth sung. Which is when someone suddenly sings a song that is the truth of what they feel. It happens a ton for children of Apollo when we don't talk of our emotions. For me it happens the most. But I always make sure no one hears it.

But today my plan didn't work. As I finished the song I looked at the door and I saw Shirley . I startled said "Ummm... hi Shirley... do you need anything? Or do you want some help with something? Or just talk? Or...." Then I got cut off by Shirley and she said "I don't need anything you had left your pens. I thought you might need them. But you have a amazing voice. "

" thanks" I mumbled. Gods I was so embarrassing, leaving pens behind. I thought Shirley like everyone else would leave. But she didn't. Instead she plopped down next to me.

She said " owls and deep green. " " what?" I said confused. "you had told me your favorite color and animal. I thought I would tell you mine. " she said with a shrug.

I just really liked how kind she is. So I decided to give her a compliment. " your a amazing singer also. You did amazing job at the campfire songs."I said.  "Thanks " she mumbled like she was embarrassed. Who would be embarrassed by a compliment?

Then the horn blew again. Sadly we both had to go to our cabins. But instead of sleeping like I do sometimes, my mind is spinning in circles. Like of why Shirley doesn't like being complimented but compliments everyone. Or why does she every time I'm with her she slightly unravels my tightly wrapped feelings.

I hope you liked it!

I have a question for you do you have any pets and if so do they go into your room while your trying to sleep and butts their face into your face and what do you think is why Shirley doesn't like to be complimented ? And remember you can ask me any questions or suggestions just comment and ask me.

Don't get eaten by monsters!!!!!