➣ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟒 "𝘾𝙚𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙘 𝘿𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘿𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙇𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚"

⋆。°✩°。⋆

First year; second term; January - June 1990

Ever since stepping a single foot back on the school, Nicolás was barely seen anywhere outside his dorm room, the library, or with food in the Great Hall, always with a book in his hand, and his attention stuck to its contents.

He read book after book, all of them either of alchemy, or charms. All with the goal of succeeding in his alchemy project.

He had spent hours talking with his professor, trying to come up with the right combination of spells and alchemic formulas. He exchanged endless letters with his grandfather trying to come up with the right formation of the artifacts.

And finally, three months after deciding what combinations would work together seamlessly. The process would take up three other months, while the alchemic potions he would use were brewed, and the materials got ready for the usage of the spells.

First, he got everything ready. The Unicorn hairs were threaded into three delicate necklace strings and one animal collar — Merlin bless whoever invented the Knitting Charm —, then, the strings and collar were to be submerged in a combination of Elixir of Purity and Draught of Perception.

The purpose of this is to make them able to detect and perceive dark magic surrounding them.

The Elixir of Purity and Draught of Perception took both a whole month to brew, and then, another month was required for the strings and collar to stay submerged in the mix of both potions.

Then, the family crests made with Goblin-wrought silver, were to be bathed under the purity of the moonlight an entire full moon, just so it would become more perceptive and receptive to spells and runes used.

Next, the crests would go through an Aegis Alloy Coating, an ancient alchemical formula to take silver to its strongest possible state, making it virtually indestructible. The coating took two months to brew and then one week with the crests submerged in it.

Three months, after everything was ready, the hardest part started: the spells and runes.

The strings and collar were covered with runes for mental clarity, communication, and Legilimency, that way, the Wampus Cat teeth could be activated. A simple charm was used on the strings and collar so they could be incredibly durable and strong.

And finally, he used a combination of spells similar to those used in the creation of two-way mirrors and dairies, and with that, he created a path and space for communication for the three necklaces and the pet collar.

But of course, he was Sirius Black's nephew, he needed to add something dramatic, and so, he created an incantation to use them (it could be used wordlessly, but that would make it less dramatic), Cardona Tribum, which meant Tribe Cardona in Latin. And not only that, the crests required something from the owner to be activated and synchronized with their minds, Nicolás chose to use blood, not really wanting to spit or pee on it.

His professor was so impressed, that he promised to talk with the headmaster so that Nicolás could jump straight to fourth-year classes of alchemy.

Castelobruxo offered the widest range of alchemy levels, these ones being: Quicksilver Initiates, Aqua Vitae Apprentices, Ouroboros, Elemental Adepts, Magnum Opus, and Master Alchemist.

With this project, Nicolás secured his next year with Ouroboros-level classes. Because it was a complete success. He activated his and then ran to Ember to put on his collar and activate it.