108 - Sports Festival Day

Early June, the sweaty season arrived, and Amane's school held its sports festival.

Unlike the peaceful mood of those in elementary and middle schools, the high school sports festival felt more like an extension of the classroom, and hardly any parents would show up.

Despite that, the sports festival remained one of the few activities, and some of the students were rather excited. The juniors of the sports clubs especially were particularly riled up, for perhaps they assumed this was a chance for them to show their club advisors of their abilities.

In contrast, most members of the culture clubs were not particularly enthused.

Amane did not join any clubs, and was more of the latter.

"It's tiring."

A classmate muttered under the same tent. Amane showed a wry smile when he heard that.

Amane was not enthusiastic, but even he would not look so unmotivated. He acted as though it did not involve him.

Luckily, his primary choices were chosen, so he did not have to go running about. The most activity he would require was the cavalry battle all boys had to participate in.

"You don't look like you dislike this, Fujimiya. I thought you would."

Kadowaki too was under the Red Team tent, and looked at Amane's face in surprise.

"Well, I passed the registration, and I'm just lazing around now, so I don't really hate it. I think studying's a lot easier though.

"That's rare from you though..."

"Well, Fujimiya, you're great at studying, but not at sports. Not like you can do anything."

Amane could not deny the words of the eavesdropping Hiiragi, and showed a wry smile.

In fact, this was the case, and he could not deny it. Nevertheless, he felt conflicted to have someone pinpoint this.

Amane was grateful to be told that he was great at studies, and impressed this was others thought of him. He could not help but admire those who had brains and brawns however.

"Maybe I should exercise regularly. I do some jogging and running though."

"If my house's a little closer, I can go jogging with you Fujimiya."

"There's no way I can match your speed and stamina Kadowaki."

"Yeah Yuuta. Didn't you forget that the last time I joined you, I was about to die? that wasn't a jog, that was a sprint."

It appeared Kuju had once accompanied Kadowaki on a jog, and at this point, he looked worn out.

On a side note, he was a culture club member, rather than sports, the Astrology club in fact. He was skinny, delicate, short, white-skinned, and clearly did not seem the sporty kind.

But well, the delicate and petite Mahiru was quite athletic herself, so not all people of his size were like that.

"But I think you should be fine, Fujimiya. You didn't seem that tired during the marathon."

"I do train everyday since I think about what happens when I'm old, but I can't beat those who do sports."

"You're the only one who'll think about what happens when you grow out..."

"You're weird Fujimiya. No actually, I think you're interesting, you know?"

"Are you praising me?"

Hiiragi was upright and honest, and overly blunt...so curt with his words. Amane understood that immediately after they got along.