Chapter 1: A Whole Hearted Message of Perfection, Sincerely Death the Kid

There the four meisters and four weapons sat around a table chatting and eating when suddenly Black Star shot up out of his seat and rocked the table. The only one affected by Black Star's clumsiness this time was Crona. Crona's tea went flying off the table and into his lap. Crona rapidly stood and sort of froze uncertain of what to do. "Woah! I'm sorry Crona!" Said Black Star as he grinned. "Guess I'm such a big star that sometimes I forget to look out for the little people! Haha!" He said with a hearty laugh as Liz rolled her eyes.
"At least he didn't flip the table like last weekend with that board game." Said Liz as Soul stood.
"Hey I think I have some clothes that might fit you if you wanna go change, Crona?" Asked Soul as Crona nodded.

Soul lead Crona into his bedroom and Soul dug through a duffle bag of old clothes. "I was just gonna give these to the thrift store down the street but here. Don't worry they're clean, Maka wouldn't dare let me give away dirty clothes." Said Soul as he handed Crona an old band T-shirt and pair of ripped jeans.
"Thanks Soul." Said Crona as he took the clothes but he looked around Soul's room like he had the creeps.
"What's wrong?" Asked Soul as Crona gripped himself tightly.
"I don't know how to deal with undressing in your bedroom!" Said Crona as his eyes darted wildly across the room.
"Hey chill out, you can change in the bathroom if you feel more comfortable there." Said Soul as Crona relaxed.
"Ok that sounds better."

As Crona went into the bathroom Soul continued digging through a few things in his room so there was no one to tell Death the Kid that Crona was in the bathroom. Kid opened the door without really looking but Crona's mild protest caught his attention. "Hey, I'm changing in here!" Said Crona as Kid looked forward and saw Crona standing before him with only the lower half of his black dress still on but Crona wasn't facing him so his back was exposed. Kid's attention was quickly drawn to the scars on Crona's back not for their gruesome appearance on his body nor for a natural curiosity of how they came to be but rather because each scar on his back was perfectly symmetrical. Each individual scar had a perfect parallel. This kind of symmetry on a person Kid had only ever dreamed of as a perfect ideal lover but he assumed such a dream was something that could not be achieved in reality. Suddenly blood ran from Kid's nose and jumped back shutting the door. Kid pressed his back against the wall and slid to the floor. His eyes were wide as Liz and Patty walked over.
"Hey Kid, you ok?" Asked Liz as she knelt down next to him.
"Look Liz he's bleeding!" Said Patty as she laughed.
"He was perfect..." He spoke softly under his breath as his eyes were glued to the door as all he could see in his eyes were Crona's beautiful scars. Tears slowly dropped from his eyes as these were tears of both joy and frustration. The joy he felt upon witnessing such beauty was overwhelmed by an unknown feeling that confused him so much that he became frustrated as to what this feeling was!
"Woah!" Said Patty in astonishment as Kid didn't often cry unless he was provoked by Patty and the tone she used to scare him so to see that something else unknown to them had brought him to tears well it was quite worrisome.
"Alright we're getting you home!" Barked Liz as she stood and grabbed Kid's hands dragging him up off the floor.

They hurried him out and got him home but once Kid was home he just crawled under the covers of his bed. Liz and Patty tried to talk him out of bed but he seemed to just recoil further and further inside.

Eventually it was the next day luckily it was still the weekend so Kid peeled himself out of bed and went down to the academy to speak with his father. "Hiya son, what's up, what's up, what's up!" Said Lord Death as he waved at his son but his happy tone dropped when he saw how miserable Kid looked. "Hey what's wrong, you look completely miserable." Said Lord Death as Kid burst into tears and dropped to his knees.
"Dad! I'm so confused!" Said Kid as he just started sobbing and shaking his head wildly. "I have a new feeling in my heart and I don't understand it! It pains me to know I don't understand how I feel!" Said Kid as his tears dripped onto the floor. Suddenly he felt strong arms lifting him up and they hugged him tightly.
"Come now Kid, it's alright." Said Lord Death softly but Kid's tears continued "Oh come now if you don't stop crying you'll make me cry!" Said Lord Death as his voice started wobble so Kid sniffed and tried to stop crying. "So tell me what happened?" Asked Lord Death as Kid sniffed and explained himself. "Ah I see why you're so confused, typically boys your age are discovering what they want in an ideal relationship but because not only are you a mister but also a Grim Reaper you haven't really had the mental capacity to even consider such a thing. This is where I feel slightly responsible not just for your feelings but the other students as well because I have put such a responsibility on the students at the academy I have taken away the ability for the students to make the discoveries of their own adolescence and for that I am sincerely sorry." Said Lord Death as Kid sniffed and wiped away the last of his tears.
"So what does this mean for me father?" Asked Kid as Lord Death put his hand on Kid's shoulder.
"It means you have a crush on Crona, Kid." Said Lord Death as Kid hung his head.
"And what do I do about that?" Asked Kid as Lord Death removed his hand.
"You have to tell him how you feel son, no matter how he feels in return it'll be better for you in the end." Said Lord Death as Kid sniffed and nodded.