you are that nerdy chipmunk

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ꪑatthew was looking forward to Halloween.  So much so that when the first wave of cold hit him at the end of August, he decorated his apartment.  He had planned to spend Halloween waiting for youngsters to knock on his door for trick or treating, but his co-star alerted him at the last minute of a party to which she had been invited.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Kirsten Vangsness was in charge of the guests as well as the team that will record and photograph the entire event as an advertisement for a collaboration.  Of course, she included her longtime buddy on that list, despite the fact that the goal was to have a small gathering of celebrities so that the paparazzi would not arrive at the speed of light and destroy the entire evening.  Furthermore, more than 70% of the guests were from outside the world where cameras are ubiquitous, so she did not want to make a big deal out of it.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The two stayed together at the celebration, however Matthew often found his companion scurrying away from him because she was overburdened with commitments. Matthew roamed the grounds freely, grabbing all the candy he could get his hands on.  A female with blonde hair shot herself and slumped to the floor at one point.  Her costume was funny, but Matthew described it as the saddest he would ever seen because so little work had gone into it.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ With alcohol in the punch at this party, Matthew's intrusive thoughts ran wild, and instead of asking her whether she was okay, he hit the record button on his camera and captured the scene.  The girl was furious about it.  She grabbed the camera and walked as far away from him as she could. Matthew had no serenity after that and felt guilty about it.  On the other hand, he wanted to make contact with her, so he proceeded to wander around all the rooms with people, looking for her.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ She surprised him by approaching him first and dragging him into a slightly calmer setting to chat to him.  Angeline.  Matthew found himself mentally repeating her name numerous times.  He could not help himself and delivered a punch at the 'if you were mine...' style.

  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ He noticed how the girl reddened at his remarks, and he was also blushing beneath the white tone on his face. He suggested they sit on that hideous pattern couch and chat, to which Angeline accepted on the condition that she bring them punch as soon as it was missing from the glasses.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  "Why are people looking at you?" she wondered aloud.  Matthew only gave her a sidelong glance as he sheepishly waved to the girls who recognized him.  "You are not a famous person, so how come they are drooling over you?" she said again, and he gulped.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  Angeline abruptly jumped off the couch.  "No way," she said, putting her hand over her mouth.  "But wait, who are you?" she inquired.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ "Matthew Gray Gubler," says his entire name, but Angelina still seems bewildered or like a pumpkin.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  "I saw that name somewhere and swear to you," Matthew laughs as he watches Angeline go through various stages of astonishment.  "I am in a crime show, and that blonde woman out there," he pointed at Kirsten, and Angeline followed his finger movement till she saw a blonde.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ "She invited my friends and me to be photographers," Angeline exclaims.  "She seems very nice"

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Matthew simply chuckled and agreed with her.  "Punch," she shook the empty glass, and he stood up and walked to the other end of the room to get additional drinks.  Neither of them wanted to confess that this meeting was getting out of hand, despite the fact that he frequently complemented on her outfit - it seemed to have grown near to his heart.