Chapter One

[Intro]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I remember fondly the rain and all it's beauty. The clouds shedding their beautiful tears down to the earth and leaving it cool, leaving a silence of sorts. Though I could never tell whether the clouds shed these tears due to sadness or happiness but I was always told to shoo thoughts like this away because clouds are clouds and they do not feel.
It rained that day oh so many years ago, the day I met him with his eyes that shone like diamonds on that day however they were dull like stones.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope sits in class staring out the window as rain drips and splatters against it. She is five years old and in kindergarten, soon though she and everyone else in the class look ahead to the front of the room to see a boy dripping wet, his raven hair plastered to his head, his pale face brushed pink by the cold. He sniffs and wipes his face with his loose jacket. The teacher introduces him as Jason Kent he recently moved here with his dad. Hope looks at him with sympathy in her brown eyes but says nothing until the teacher moves Jason to her table.
"H..hi." stutters Hope a bit nervous.
He says nothing and only stares ahead with a blank expression in his pale blue eyes.
She waves her hand in front of his face and he gently bats it away. He lays his head down on the desk she copies him and looks into his eyes, searching. He turns away. Hope huffs and puts her head on her hands. Why is this boy so difficult?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason walks to the school from his dad's car, the rain pours on his little head he is five years old and going to his first day of kindergarten at his new school. He misses his mom and hopes she is happy where she is now but wonders why she had to go his dad said it was somewhere important. Why was dad crying when he said that Jason wonders but soon pushes that thought from his mind and walks, shivering to school.
Jason walks in to find everyone staring at him he looks down, his shoes got all muddy and his pants are wet. The teacher introduced him to everyone and sat him down next to a little girl with long brown hair and brown eyes, she smiles at him.
"Jason, this is Hope." says the teacher "She will help you if you need it, she is very smart." the teacher looks at Hope proudly and walks to the front of the class to start the lesson. Hope says "Hi" but Jason decides not to respond, he is nervous. Hope waves her hand in front of his face, he doesn't want to hurt her but he doesn't want her hand in his face so he gently pushes it away. Jason puts his head down and she copies him, he turns away and hears her huff. Why does this girl have to be so annoying?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope is sitting at her dining room table, coloring. She is thinking about the boy who is difficult. Maybe he doesn't like me she thinks, no that won't do she can't have that. Hope thinks about befriending Jason maybe she could talk to him at recess.
Hope's mother tells her that it is late and she must get to bed. Hope yawns and walks to her bedroom and gets under the covers. Her mom comes in to kiss her on the forehead and tell her goodnight. Little Hope falls asleep, thinking about tomorrow and how to befriend the little boy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason sits around his house extremely bored with nothing to do. His mom would usually read to him or play dinosaurs with him but she can't do that anymore. Jason's dad tried to read to him but it didn't sound right, he tried to play with him but he always got too tired to play. Jason is convinced his dad doesn't like to play with him, maybe he doesn't like Jason. Jason pouts for a little bit but then he gets tired so he crawls into bed and goes to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope sits on the swing talking to her best friend Dawn about the new boy. "He looks like he could be a bad boy when he grows up." says Dawn.
"You don't really think so?" asks Hope.
"Oh I know so." answers Dawn matter-of-factly.
"How do you know?" asks the curious Hope.
"Look at him. Messy clothes, loose jacket, long hair. My mom says those are all signs of a bad boy." replies Dawn, flipping her blonde hair off her shoulders.
Hope is worried about Jason, she doesn't want him to be a "bad boy" as Dawn says so she decides becoming his friend is the only option to keep him from being bad. She looks around and finally sees him sitting all by himself appearing sad she walks over to him confidently but she can feel the butterflies at the pit of her stomach.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason sits outside alone listening to the screaming and laughter of other kids surrounding him. He is a new kid and so he does not have any friends. He looks up to see the girl, Hope looking over at him he looks down. Soon he sees feet in front of him he looks up. "Hi." says Hope with a bright smile.
"Hi.." whispers Jason.
"Why are you sitting alone?" asks Hope.
"I don't have any friends." he replies.
"I can be a friend." she says.
"I don't really need friends.." Jason starts.
"Oh, but everyone needs friends." says Hope.
"People don't like me that much, they think I am weird." he says.
"I don't think you're weird." she replies smiling.
"You don't?" Jason asks perking up.
"Nope." Hope replies.
"Oh well, what's your favorite thing to do?" he asks.
"I like to dance in the rain." she replies.
"I don't really like rain much." Jason says.
"I love the rain." says Hope.
"What do you like about it?" He asks.
"I don't really know but hey are we friends now?" she asks.
"Yes I guess we are." Jason says.
"Yay!" says Hope.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~