Its over

The week goes by kind of like the Tuesday of last week. I wake up, go to school, walk Home, randomly see the alpha watching me, and when I get home, my parents can't even look me in the eyes. As if they're guilty or hiding something. I'm starting to get fed up.

At least after this next semester I'll be out of here. I already got excepted to UCLA but havnt told my fam. The beach's and a place that so busy, no one will even know I'm there. It is also hard to find a scent there due to how populated LA is.

It's Friday so it's movie night. Makes me run a little bit faster. Right before I break through the tree line I shift back and change into the clothes in my backpack that I carry by my mouth when I run.

When I step into the back door something feels off.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!! I already picked out a movie! Oh and I'll run to the store to buy-...." I immediately cut myself off to the scene in front of me. Alpha Ashwood sits in our big one seater. That's typically my chair. And my parents sit on the bigger one.

My mother is holding back tears and my father is holder her with an angry look on his face as if someone did something to her. All this is happening with Alpha Ashwood comfortably sitting in my chair as if he owns the place.

"What's going on?" Now I'm getting scared.

Before my dad can say anything Alpha cuts him off. " Anna. Perfect timing. We have much to discuss."

" It would be better coming from me Alpha" my dad states as calm as he could.

" very well" it looks like he wanted the thunder.

" Anna please sit down" since there's not a lot of space on the couch I grab one from the table and sit.

"Am I in trouble?"

This made Alpha Ashwood laugh. " no, I guess you can say the opposite."

"I know how to read a room. It looks more like someone died." I say with intentional attitude.

"Feisty. I guess that's expected. I guess it's by perspective." He says with a smirk.

Ok now I'm so lost here " can we cut the small talk and spit it out?" This shits been going on for over a week.

" you do not speak to your Alpha that way. Despite me wanting to rip his throat out." That last part was mumbles but definitely meant to be heard.

" Anna, you know there have been a recent increase in rouge attacks, yes?"

"Yes....." I'm still trying to figure out how this involves me. And my mom still can't look up past her hands in her lap.

"Well surrounding packs have also tried to test our borders as well"

Shit. Are they sending me out to fight? " ok.... Are you needing more warriors?"

At this Alpha giggles as if it was an absurd idea. I don't know why considering more than a quarter of the warriors are female.

"No dear, the reason they've been testing us is because they don't believe Alpha Ashwood can no longer take care of the pack. He has no Luna and no heir. His position is becoming targeted."

Ok what does this have to do with me?

That's when it hits. My dad's angry phone calls always mentioning a "her", my mother's crying, and the weird attention I've been getting from Alpha Ashwood.

"Fuck no!!" I yell with as much dominance I can muster. This shocks my parents and even the Alpha.

"See John, I told you she could handle the position." The Alpha says with a smirk. He's always fucking smirking. I want to rip it right off his face!!