Chapter 6 Balder Novak

Ten minutes later Vincent and Ermes are standing in front of Dorm 159 waiting for someone to answer.

"What if they don't answer" Vincent said.

"They will, trust me." Ermes said with a beaming grim on his face.

"Yeah, but what if they don't"

"Vincent don't be a downer, of course they will answer"

As Ermes said that the door swung open.

*swoosh*

The door was opened by a boy with glasses, mid length chestnut brown hair, and was 3 centimeters taller than Vincent. (About 166)

"Hi... why are you here?" said the boy with glasses nervously.

"HELLOOOOO, I'm Ermes and this is Vincent and we're your new neighbors! Say hi Vincent."

Ermes was so loud that every time he said a word the boy flinched.

"Hi I'm Vincent, I'm Ermes's friend. What's your name?" Vincent blushed

"Balder Novak" he said with a confused look in his eye.

"Can we come in?" Ermes asked.

"Sure... I guess"

When they entered, they were disappointed to see that his room was the same as theirs.

"I don't really like the room, but I hope to change it, like add some posters or some cool stuff!"

"Oh uh, you can decorate it with this, I think it's pretty cool..." Vincent held the drawing in front of him.

Balder analyzed the Picaso like work for 20 seconds

"Not to be rude, but what's a son?" The boy with glasses asked

"I don't have very good spelling and handwriting skills. So, Ermes wrote the correct words underneath. Sorry for having bad spelling and stuff."

"Why are you apologizing?" asked Balder.

"I don't know, it just slipped out, I guess" Vincent felt his face turn beet red

"Do you have a roommate?" asked Ermes

"I think he got lost or something, took me 40 minuets to find this place"

"It's very confusing," said Ermes.

"I mean I like being alone in a room where I have more privacy, also I can have the bathroom all to myself." Balder smirked

"YOU HAVE A BATHROOM!?" yelped Vincent in shock.

"Vincent, we have a bathroom in our dorm."

"Really?"

"Yeah, like I think everybody has a bathroom here. I think?" Ermes said, like Vincent asked him if he had hair on his head.

"Geeze this place really has everything, I never had one!"

"You didn't have a bathroom at your home? Which part of the Union are you from?" asked Balder in shock.

"I'm from the Eastern Union"

"You, blond kid where are you from? Sorry I'm not good with names"

"My name is Ermes and I'm from the Southern part. We have bathrooms."

"I'm from the Northern part, what was life like in the Eastern part?"

"Well, I don't know it's just life...I didn't really go out anyway. But I heard so many things about the Northern part! Are there really candy stores!?"

"You have candy stores!? I've only hand candy on holidays, aren't they rare!?" said Ermes with stars in his eyes.

"YOU DON'T!?" Balder yelped in shock.

"No!" said Vincent and Ermes jointly

"I only had candy once or twice in my lifetime!" Vincent added

"Do you eat it every day!?" Ermes asked

"Well, my grandmother worked in a candy store, so I probably had too much. You can tell I was not the dentist's favorite patient" Balder said as he chuckled to himself.

"What's a dentist?" Vincent asked

Balder eyes widened

"A person who keeps your teeth clean, you don't have them....?" Balder replied

"Um, uh no..."

I must look like such an idiot!

"Well, where I'm from we didn't eat a lot of candy. Instead, all I ate was fruit! My family owns a peach orchard back home, and every Summer I'd clime the tallest tree and eat all of the peaches by the end of the day! I of course got sick from eating so much but it's worth it!" Ermes smiled

"How aren't you sick of them; my grandma ones made me eat a hole batch of coconut cookies and to this day anything coconut scented makes me want to vomit!" Balder stuck his tough out and gagged

"Oh god!" Vincent giggled

"I just like the memories associated with them; whenever I think of those memories, they make me feel warm inside." Ermes eyes softened and looked over at Vincent.

"Vincent, do you have nice memories of you home?"

"Uh, let me think..." Vincent remembered the car ride with his mother, he felt the cool air in his hair. He opened his eyes and looked to his left, he saw his mother look at him with affection in her eyes, she petted his head pulling him closer to her.

"My little star" she said, that was his nickname. He always liked looking at the night sky seeing all the beautiful stars sparkling there.

Vincent smiled "One time me and my mom's side of the family decided to take a drive across the countryside."

"That's it?" Balder looked Vincent with slight ting of disapointment in his voice.

"It might be simple but, it's very dear to my heart" Vincent said softly looking at the ground, still daydreaming of that beautiful car ride.

"That's nice" Ermes replied with a voice as sweet as honey.