Farm Fatale

I have to tell you all about my teenage hood..

I was born in a quiet countryside farm, I was growing and growling, everybody called me pretty Pony. I was no ordinary pony ; because a mysterious enchantment had bestowed upon me an alluring charm that captivated everyone who gazed upon me. Even if everyone was in love with me, my heart only pounded for one soul : my farmer's, Farmy.

I would spend my days grazing in the lush pastures, but my eyes never left Farmy as she toiled in the fields. To me, she has an ethereal grace, I was always trying to be a good girl when she was around so I could be her favorite. It was a love that seemed impossible, born from a curious enchantment that no one understood.The other farm animals grew jealous of me, because Farmy was always kind to me, feeding me extra carrots und brushing my fur with dedication. The hens were the ones gossiping about our relationship,  clucked disapprovingly. They believed that my charms were a curse, because Farmy's attention was always on me, neglecting the other animals. But who cares about them? They are plain and tasteless.

One summer evening, when the stars were shining bright like diamonds (yes I love Rihanna, it is in fact my guilty pleasure), the hens and some other disgraceful animal gathered to confront me. They accused me of using my enchantment to manipulate Farmy, but my heart was pure, I could never do that. I don't need an enchantment to be the best and to be Farmy's favorite!!! I do that effortless.

"I love her genuinely," I proclaimed, tears glistening in my pony eyes. 

But that's when I did miss a point, when I should have taken a step back. "I have no control over this curse, but I would give it all up if it meant your happiness." Those hens took my words, they had no pity or empathy. They directly confronted Farmy, revealing my so-said curse and everything changed. I was no longer her favorite because they broke the love spell.

My confidence dropped. I was born in a pony's body, not well known for my intelligence or any skill in particular. I had nothing left. I was just confronted to be an ordinary pony. 

Farmy's love for me did not remain, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger they say, so I tried to keep my head up, to neigh with pride. I knew deep down that our love was born from pure hearts and genuine kindness and not from the spell.

But I turned to be wrong all along. Farmy never had the same sight toward me. She was almost disgust now. As if she regretted everything from our past.

Farm Fatale had come to an end, I had to escape and I no longer wanted to live chained to the dictates of a farm girl. I was better than that. I had to discover my own identity.