Part-7

Avyanna's POV

As Ash walks out of my office Jake makes himself comfortable on the chair across me.

"Are you serious about her?" He asks. He can be civil when he's not drunk. "Why? We'll be proceeding with the divorce regardless" I replied.

"Is she the reason you want a divorce?" He asks with a bit of anger in his voice.

"No, the reason is your affairs and your infidelity" I said and he sighed "Avyanna, I told you I have broken up things with that girl and it won't happen again"

"Jake I called you here so you can sign these papers and we can move forward with the division of assets" I say coldly.

"I'm not going to sign those papers"

"Well, okay then I'll file a lawsuit for the divorce" I replied.

"Why can't we just go back to how things were?" At this I sighed.

"If you're not going to sign the papers then I suggest you see yourself out" he gets up to leave and I say "And don't even think of putting your hands on Ash ever again or else you'll have to deal with a lawsuit for assault on top of the divorce one"

He doesn't reply and walks to the door as he opens the door I see Ash standing outside the door.

Jake walks past her and she pops her head in. "You alright?" She asks and I raise an eyebrow at this.

She shuts the door and walks away.

Ash's POV

I know... I look like an idiot standing outside Professor Bitch's office but I can't just bring myself to walk away.

That man is bad news and what if he tries to hurt her. As I was busy overthinking the door of the office opened and he walked pass me.

I popped my head in and asked "You alright?" At this Professor Bitch raises an eyebrow and I realize how stupid I look as it's none of my business.

So, with that thought I shut the door and walk in the direction of the lecture hall for my second class.

I'm grateful that Professor Green isn't an asshole and usually doesn't bother if I'm late or not.

After the classes, I suddenly remember that I never called Avery.

So I take out my phone to text her
'Hey stranger'

And her replies comes almost instantly 'who?'

'It's Ash we met the club' I text back.

'Finally, got the time to text me?😠'

Ooh she angry angry.  'It wasn't intentional, I actually ended up misplacing your number'

'Uh huh, Real convenient😒"

'So are you up for hanging out tonight' I ask.

'No, I'm busy' came the reply.

'Okay, then maybe tomorrow?' I ask.

'Yeah, tomorrow's fine'

'Cool, I'll pick you up at 9'

'That's fine with me. Now let me work'

'I'm curious but I'll try to contain my curiosity till tomorrow' I reply

'Good. Now bye'

I put my phone down. So, there's nothing for me to do for now. Then I remember about Professor Bitch's Assignment.

So I decided to start working on it. But as I open my book and look at the topic it flows right over my head.

After an hour of trying to make sense of things I finally give up "F*ck!, why is it so hard?"

So, I ended up giving up on it and started playing games on my play station.