The Conspiracy of Love"

When someone broke my heart for the first time, I quit my dream to be a singer-songwriter. Because he's the reason for every song I sing, and writing our story in a melancholic melody suits eternity.

When someone broke my heart for the second time, I quit my dream to be an architect. Because he's the reason why I became inspired to design a family in my mind; we built our home with love and passion, and it was a two-story ending by kissing him and another woman in front of the universe.

When someone broke my heart for the third time, I almost quit my dream to be a writer after telling those sugar-coated words in front of an unknown world. And that's why all I can do for now is stare at myself in the mirror, asking if this is really me or not. Or did I only gaslight the pain in my chest for so long that it became an anthem?

When someone comes and tells me how he loves me the way I don't care, he still cares about everything. He never asked in return. Until he felt the chillin' inside and almost got hurt in the same way. I let him go.

Then, someone came out of the blue and asked for my forgiveness and apologized. One of the moments I longed that at least it stopped my self-haunt with the unanswerable questions now.

And let's not talk about love. It will keep you out of danger. It cannot be avoided, but you can decide.

- Karen Kae T. Mata (Binibining Karina)
72123
10:00am