Sugar and Spice

(3rd Person PoV)

Yuya stared down at Death-Toy Scissors Bear as Sora puffed out his chest, proudly.

Crap, what can I do against a Fusion monster? Yuya thought.

"Polymerization can be used to fuse two monsters into a more powerful one. Just how skillful is Sora?" Syuzo wondered.

"Plentiful," Yuichi noted.

"Now Fusion summoning is taught at LID so that must mean...that Sora is a student there?!" Syuzo cried.

"No, Dad. He said that he was about to enroll there but changed his mind when he saw Yuya duel," Yuichi corrected him.

Back at the duel, Sora declared, "it's time to battle! Death-Toy Scissors Bear, attack Performapal Hip Hippo!"

With a powerful swoop and punch, Sora's monster knocked Hip Hippo and Yuya into another lake of juice.

"Yuya!" Yuichi and Ayu cried.

Yuya resurfaced and coughed up some juice.

"I think I'll never look at anything sweet the same way again," she sighed.

"She's ok," Ayu said in relief.

"Yeah but she lost life points," Yuichi pointed out.

4000 —> 2600 LPS

"I didn't even notice that," Yuya said and then a large shadow loomed over her.

She looked up to see Death-Toy Scissors Bear standing over her. She yelped in surprise and pushed herself away.

"And now I'm going to activate the effect of my Scissors Bear! When it destroys a monster, it can equip it onto it," Sora explained and an extendable arm appeared and fished out the hippo from the lake.

Chomp!

Performapal Hip Hippo was swallowed up by Death-Toy Scissors Bear.

"N-no! Hip Hippo," Ayu cried.

"Oh no," Tatsuya said.

"And that's not all," Sora wagged his finger.

"There's more?!" Yuya cried.

"You know it! When a monster is equipped onto Scissors Bear, it gains the attack points of the equipped monster. You can do the math," Sora stated.

"Hmmmm. If Death-Toy Scissors Bear has 2200 attack points and you add on the 800 attack points from Hip Hippo, that would make it..." Syuzo murmured.

"It now has 3000 attack points," Yuichi finished and as he said this, Sora's monster grew larger.

"It got big!" Syuzo cried.

"It's now stronger than Odd Eyes," Tatsuya took a step back in shock.

"Death-Toy Scissors Bear can destroy it now!" Futoshi exclaimed.

"That's a scary effect to go up against and a much scarier monster," Ayu said.

Yuya got up, frustrated. She dusted off her skirt and then stared at Sora.

"Come on, Sensei. Don't back down on me, where's your confidence?" Sora chided her before adding on, "I set these two cards down and end my turn."

"Then it's my turn, I draw," Yuya said and looked at her hand.

"While Death-Toy Scissors is a powerful monster, Odd Eyes has plenty of friends to help him out! I activate the effect of Performapal Sword Fish which decreases your monster's attack points by 600!" She declared.