Ch 14

October 23, 2002

9:00 a.m.

Deep Space/Blue moon

Timmy's POV

It was awful quiet in the escape pod as my friends, fairies, and I were trying to decide our next move.

A.J. explained, "With all of our families and enemies in the strong hold of the Darkness, we can't take it out."

Chester added, "There has to be another way to defeat the Darkness."

Trixie asked, "Why don't we figure out how to beat the Destructator first?"

I answered, "Good idea, Trixie. I say we go to the blue moon and try to figure out how the wand works."

A.J. looked thoughtful for a moment and responded, "It is a good strategy."

Cosmo intervened and asked, "Strategy? Isn't that the name of a girl in Hawaii?"

We laughed at Cosmo's stupidity.

Chester looked down and asked, "What if we don't succeed?"

I turned to Chester. I felt like it was déjà vue all over again. Marty had asked that same question to Uncle Emmett when we were headed to 1955.

I answered, definitely, "We must succeed."

Wanda stated, "Timmy, that's a bit too much pressure on your friends."

Poof floated down to me and asked, "Poof, poof?"

I smiled at my fairy god brother and responded, "I didn't mean to scare you, Poof. It's just..."

My voice trailed off as a tear rolled down my face.

Trixie perked up and asked, "Timmy, what's wrong?"

I wanted to tell them, badly. But, I was afraid too. I was afraid that I would lose Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof. By that time...bad pun...we got to the blue moon. We landed on the blue moon harshly.

Cosmo said, "Great landing! Let's do it again!"

Cosmo toppled over and fainted.

Wanda asked, "Okay, Chosen Ones. What's the plan this time?"

Chester, A.J., Trixie, and I exchanged looks.

Chester answered, "We have no idea."

A.J. said, "We sure are miserable four points of light."

Trixie responded, "That's for sure."

I turned to my friends and told them what Annie had told me, "If you can put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything."

A.J. still looked down in the dumps and responded, "It's a bad time to wax philosophical."

I told him, "It's not philosophical. I learned that from my Uncle Emmett."

Chester asked, "Who is your Uncle Emmett?"

Wanda mentioned, "This is the first time you ever mentioned an Uncle Emmett."

I sighed and responded, "I might as well as it get over with. After all, time isn't on our side. Wait a minute." I took off my hat and took out the last piece of the magic muffin that I had left. I still had one wish, so I had to make it count. I took the last bite and wished, "I wish I was in Hill Valley, California...in the year 1986!"

With a poof, I left the blue moon and found myself in downtown Hill Valley. It felt good to be back.

...