Recently Andrew has brought up his side project. Multiple times. With most people Nate would just offer them a tight smile when they brought up their unavailing dreams, and granted them good luck, but Andrew... he was different. Nate could easily vision Andrews dreams fleshing out and becoming concrete, granted they wern't the most mainstream of thoughts, (not many people think up musical numbers for a Italian navigator wishing to prove the spherical shape of the earth) but they could work. 

"Wow," Andrew breathed, "Wow, no really?" 

"Yeah no really," Nate said back, nodding, "I'm definitely into it!"

Andrew scratched the back of his head, "I mean I usually don't show this to people, but...."

"Andrew these compositions...!" Nate laughed, "You dumb-ass, these could go places!"

They sat around in the back of the tour van, Andrew with his hands dominating the dwarfed cheap keyboard and, laying around this instrument, scrawls of midnight inspired notes and half written bridges. They were in the process of getting ready for their next gig when Nate had knocked over some papers shoved into one of the overhanging crevices. The sun-bleached paper then littered the ground, and while Nate bent to gather them, he then noticed they were a composition, not just any notes. On the subject of asking Andrew what the parchment was for, he reluctantly replied that they were his- Nate then demanded he played them. He saw what Andrew could do with a filled song, and wished to see him individually.

He was not disappointed. 

Sure, maybe the whole musical narration of a certain 1492 voyage was old, dead, and gone in Nate's opinion, but the backing orchestral music was something Nate could only wish he could accomplish. 

Andrew let a smile slip at Nate's confidence in him, and then it grew, until he was so overcome he had to look away. Nate smiled with him.

"You know, Jack's got some side stuff too," Andrew recalled.

Even if the lead singers relationship with Andrew was rooting itself, Nate and Jack were still complicated. Nate didn't want to call it jealousy. He knew that gave him no reason to call or even think of him as a tool, but he always was able to stop himself. 

As if the recognition of the guitarists talent could summon him, the side car door opened and there stood Jack. "We're up pretty soon now." He announced, pointing a thumb over his shoulder. 

"Alright, good," Nate fumbled for words. "Yes, uh, nice music though." He said, addressing Andrew.

Andrew just gave a tight smile and gathered his papers up and placed them neatly tucked under his keyboard once more. He then pushed himself up and made his way to the car door, stepping out into the gravel. He looked over his shoulder to see Nate not moving. "You comin'?"

"Yeah I'll be there." Nate waved his hand in the air absentmindedly, then saw that Andrew still looked worried, so he reassured him with a smile. "Jeeze with you worrying about me so much, it almost makes up for my mother not being here!"

This seemed to be enough for Dost to let him be, and he closed the door before turning and following Jack to the venue.