Forty-Five

[Eren Jaeger's PoV]
I remember that a couple of his ribs were broken.

"So that's why. I don't want anyone else getting hurt unnecessarily, let alone dying. This would have been the second--" He stops himself.

"The second what?" I ask, unable to keep my curiosity contained for any longer.

He shoots me a deadly glare. "Nothing. It's nothing."

So he doesn't want to talk about it... I won't push him. "Okay," I respond submissively.

"D*mmit," he growls, still holding his side.

"Do you want me to get the nurse?" I ask, stepping towards the door.

"No, I'll be fine..." He eases himself back into his desk chair, removing his hand from his side, grimacing a little.

-----

[Sara's PoV]
We're in a forest on a training mission, delivering supplies to a different city in an allotted time. It seems pointless, but it's actually helpful for our horse's speed in the long run.

We're seeing who completes the mission faster by splitting into two teams. Levi, Erwin, and Gunther are in the other mini-team.

Me, Petra, Oluo, and Eren are in my team. The sky is getting dark fast, so we decide to set up camp. "Are you and Eren going to share a sleeping bag?" Petra gushes.

"Petra!" I admonish, my face burning.

"You should~" she teases, elbowing me in the side.

"You're being more annoying than what's called for," I say, pouting.

Eren, who had been riding in the rear, pulls up next to us. "What're you guys talking about? What did you yell at her for?" he asks, directing the second question to me.

I cover my face with my hand. "You shouldn't have asked that."

"I was making sure you two were going to share a sleeping bag~" Petra chimes.

"Petra!" Eren says in almost the exact same tone as me.

I look through my fingers at his face, which is completely red.

"You're getting ahead of yourself," he says, slowing down to go to the rear again.

"He admitted that you guys are gonna--"

I raised my hand, connecting the back of it with her face. "Stop," I say, laughing lowly.

"Look at him, his face is still red," Petra teases.

I look back, and sure enough, his face is still burning. The crack of a gunshot echoes through the area. Eren's expression becomes alarmed as blood spurts through the side of his head.

"Eren!" I scream, whipping my horse around.

He slumps forward, his horse dancing around in panic. Blood is running down his head, seemingly endless. I peel his blood-soaked hair from the wound, and sure enough, it's a bullet hole.

-----

Petra decided to be really weird this chapter. IDEK. Don't question me, I'm writing this at 11:30 at night.