Chapter 1

I stared out of the window looking at the dreary scene that was created outside. It was dark and cloudy without even a hint of the sun sticking out between the clouds. Rain fell from the sky steadily hitting the pane of glass that separated me from the outside world. The glass felt cold on my head as I rested it against the glass. My hot breath began to fog up the glass as I inhaled and exhaled slowly trying to keep my mind calm and focused on the world out there. Despite my best efforts my thoughts began to wander, the girls behind me began to laugh and it seemed like my teammates were looking at me talking, their mocking faces seeming blatant.

"Hey David, are you ok?" A sweet voice beckoned out to me.

I turned to face the voice, and there stood someone I had never expected. She was short, and pretty with medium length dark brown hair and blue highlights that matched with her bright blue eyes. Her style was dark, she wore a dark t-shirt with a skeleton on it that read "The Devil." She wore long black jeans with rips and holes in it and lots of jewelry and piercings. She was far from the kind of girl that would gain any kind of popularity in a school like this and definitely not the type of person to approach me. I mean I am your everyday average jock team captain, the kind you'd see in a very unrealistic highschool movie. Dirty blond short hair and emerald green eyes with a fit body and I dressed with a varsity jacket and jeans. Far from the type of guy that would get an albeit beaut...

"Hey! Are you still in there?" she interrupted my thoughts but with a smile that hid an amount of concern.

"Uh, yea sorry I was just lost in thought." I replied, still recovering from being so deep in thought.

"Well cheer up, I know it looks gloomy outside but that doesn't mean you gotta be gloomy too," she said as she sat in the desk next to me.

"Yeah, I suppose..."

"Hey, that's my spot, how about you get lost?" I was again interrupted by one of the guys on my team, we were friendly with each other but we all were so I wouldn't really consider myself friends with any of them.

"You weren't sitting here and none of your shit was here so no this wasn't your spot and I'll sit where I please!" She snarled, she was quick to defend her stance as well, she was definitely brave.

"Haha, has the stupid little emo freak taken a liking to the captain of the football team? I mean you've definitely got the body for it so maybe if you shoved your cute little ass into..."

"Shut the fuck up Derrick," It was my turn to interupt someone and did so calmly. The way he was talking to her for something so stupid was ridiculous but he still had the nerve to look at me like I was the one in the wrong.

"Whatever man, just trying to keep you away from the weirdo," he scoffed.

Ella looked at me with a surprised face, "you really took my side, aren't you guys like close buddies or something?"

"Not really," I kept the answer short and sweet because nobody really understood my line of thinking.

Ella nodded her head and turned into her desk to face the front of the class as the teacher walked in. The teacher walked in and began rambling on about whatever today's lesson was but I wasn't really keen on paying attention today. I found my gaze jumping between the outside and Ella, the dark overhanging clouds and her bright eyes were drawing my attention.