Terrible Mistake

"Remember when I told you I made a terrible mistake? For you to understand, I must tell you the entire story."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A boy and his family were having dinner. Unaware that their lives would change. As the boy and his family ate, a knock was heard on the door. The boy's father got up and opened the door.

The boy got up from his seat and bowed to the older gentleman by the door, a guardian. The boy had heard of them. He was impressed to see one standing in his little hut. But his life would change before he knew it. The Guardian had chosen him, a boy at such a young age.

Even though he didn't want that life, his parents knew it was an offer he couldn't refuse. "A great honor." That he couldn't turn down, they took him to the temple, leaving him there alone and as the Guardian's apprentice.

He wasn't happy there. What child would be? He would much rather be with his parents and playing outside with kids his age.

"Are you sure about this master? He is but a child." A young man who looked to be in his early 30s spoke to the older Guardian. "Monke, there is nothing to worry about. The boy has spirit. He will make a great guardian. All we need is time." The older fellow looked at the child. The boy's first test was to watch over the miracle box.

A box that contained jewels with power. But if the box or even a single jewel fell into the wrong hands. The world would be at risk.

No food, no water, no sleep, 24 hours straight. He'd have to sit there and watch the miracle box. The Monk sighed before turning away, bowing his head to the older Guardian before leaving. Something didn't feel right, but he trusted the Older Guardian.

All the boy had was his apprentice's staff. The child's stomach could be heard. He was hungry, but the boy knew he couldn't leave the box unattended. The hours passed, and the boy grew hungrier. He glared at the box, knowing he couldn't get food because of it.

The boy couldn't take it any longer. He knew what the box contained. Opening it with his apprentice staff, he took the peacock miraculous. Using its power to make what he believed to be a friendly companion. Something he could send to the kitchen to fetch him some rice balls.

The Older Guardian had warned him never to use the miracle box selfishly. But at the time, all the boy could think about was food. The creature he had created had soon been consumed by the anger he was feeling.

It mingled with the boy's intense hunger, and in doing so, the boy created a senti-monster. Something even he couldn't control or stop. Something different to the one he had envisioned. A monster out to devour everything, but specifically the miraculous.

Since they were the bane of the boy's life at that moment, but in the boy's panic, he had lost his apprentice staff. The object that would have enabled him the control to stop the monster.

He was a young boy and didn't think of using the miraculous itself against the monster he created. He tried erasing all traces of the foolish thing he did.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all happened so fast. Flames were everywhere, and smoke was seen throughout the entire monk temple. He looked around, only to see some of his friends dead. Gasping, the Monk ran as fast as he could. Looking around, he saw a miracle box on the ground. He opened it and saw all the Miracuoules were there. Not one was missing. He did what he was taught to do. Protect the box at all costs.

He turned around only to see that most of the miracle boxes were consumed by the senti-monster. He tried helping the monks only to be stopped by the Older Guardian.

"You must go!"

"No, I choose to fight!"

The Older Guardian took his shoulder, "You saved what we protect. You must go. Protect and teach, but never be consumed by darkness." The Older Guardian pushed him away. The Monk nodded his head. He didn't want to run, but the Older Guardian gave him an order. So he ran and watched as the place he called home burned in bright oranges and reds.

The temple sat atop the mountain range, and the Monk was trained to withstand the high winds and snowy biomes. He was alone now, and the Order of the Guardians lay in ruins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Years had passed, and the Monk had taken a range of New York City, the City of Heros. Keeping the miracle box safe, as he promised he would. Every day, he would scavenge and look for the right person. Someone strong enough to take the responsibility.

The Monk would wonder if anyone else had made it out alive. He didn't think he was the only one to survive. He knew what each jewel did. Having read about them back at the temple, he was prepared.

Now, he was waiting for the opportunity to strike. But in a city so big, he would have to wait. It was a good thing the Monk was a patient man.
_____________________________
An: Hello everyone. For those who have read this before, changes have been made.

The updates for this specific story will be slow.

I need to fix a lot. So bare with me. :P