ℭ𝔬𝔫𝔣𝔢𝔰𝔰

ℝ𝕠𝕪𝕒𝕝𝕥𝕪

ᴀʟᴇxɪ ʙʟᴜᴇ

==============================-----------------------------===============================

"You? The favourite child?" The queen looked maliciously at the young prince kneeling before her "While it's true you receive favoured treatment, that is merely because you are my son and not some whore's child." Her silvery white hair fell from its braids, letting waves cascade down her back, violet eyes piercing through the late evening shadows to look down upon Prince Gray, young and helpless as he was.

"Corey! Take the child back to his room, I've had enough, his father spoils him too much". A soft sigh escaped the teenager's lips, he knew his father was ailing which meant only a few years, maybe less, until either himself or his half-brother would take the crown. It ultimately all came down to who his father labelled in his will.

"Don't touch me" Gray shook the young soldier's grip off his arm and stalked back to his room, effectively disheartened by his mother. She wasn't like this before; before his father brought home some whores child, before his father got sick, before his coming of age. The king was bedridden, this fact was well known to the public, and it had soon sparked a nation dividing debate of which prince would take the crown and ascend the throne.

"Your highness, perhaps you should go out and interact with the public? They have nothing but nice things to say about you, it may lighten your mood" Corey suggested as the agitated prince flopped down onto his bed with a loud groan. His sharp, cold eyes met innocent, soft hazel ones and a spark flared in his mind "Call up Rose, she's got nothing better to do on a night like this." His contentment returned as he was reminded of the young Noble girl whom he had recently taken an interest in.

____________________________________________

As his chamber doors opened, two sets of footsteps rang out, the heavy leather boots of an inner guard and the gentle tapping of sandals worn by none other than the beauty he had summoned.

"Rose, you look gorgeous as ever" Gray gently took her hand, pressing a feather light kiss to her knuckles and flashing her his ever-charming and princely smile. The young girl, who couldn't have been any older than he, blushed softly. Illuminated by the warm evening glow, she slipped into a polite courtesy as she uttered a graceful reply to his attention.

"You flatter me Prince Gray, I'm happy you invited me today, I have something for you" she turned and motioned towards the attendant who had fetched her "Corey, bring it here."

An elegant and delicately patterned glass vase was handed to her, Gray admired her icy blue eyes and the way the sun softened her already lightly tanned features, giving her skin a honeyed tone. "Prince, for you" his attention was directed back to her hands as she presented him with the vase which had a dignified arrangement of golden honeysuckle blossoms in it.

He marvelled at them, considering the flowers were not grown in the royal gardens, she must have gone to lengths to obtain these specific flowers, not to mention every bloom was a different shade of amber and gold "I shall treasure these" his lips curved into a warm smile as he dismissed Corey from sight. The language of flowers was taught to all noble and royal children from a young age, Honeysuckle, representative of devotion, love and a sweet disposition. "Are you sure 'tis not I who ought to give these to you?" A polite chuckle left his throat as Rose's cheeks visibly warmed, clearly flattered by his sweet words "To be honest, I feel rather disappointed right now" he placed his fingers under her chin, lifting it so their eyes met "You've beat me to my own confession dear girl"