3

A piece of advice

"But most important, do you want to change for him because you like him or because your ego doesn't allow you to loose?"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

When Airi arrived back home, she couldn't stop thinking about what Sugawara had said. "Is my personality that bad?", she murmured to herself, while she was munching on her dinner.

"What is it Airi? Did you get rejected?", her older sister Aoi asked teasingly. "Shut up Aoi..", the defeated girl replied.

After dinner, Airi took a shower and sat down on her bed, still thinking about what Sugawara said. She grabbed her phone and searched Karas contact.

———

»Hello? Airi?«

»Do I have a bad personality?«

»I don't think so? Where'd you get that from?«

»Sugawara.«

»That stupid fuck rejected you?«

»Kind of. He said "You're beautiful, but for me it's about personality«

»You'll find a new one, forget about him. He's an average guy. You know if you want a Volleyball player, there's a guy at an other school. He's super popular and soo good-looking«

»But Kara, I really want that Sugawara guy. I don't know but I there's something special about him.«

»Really? It's the first time you're putting effort into a guy. It's also the first time that someone doesn't like you back..«

»I know It's weird right?«

»Yeah, it is..«

»Okay whatever. I'll go to bed now. Good night Kara.. oh and say hello to Hitoka - chan. «

»Alright, I will. Good night.«

———

Airi putted her phone on her bedside table and drifted away into dreamland.

———

The next day arrived in no time.

"Morning Kara..", Airi said, upon seeing her friend walking into the classroom. "Are you still sad about Sugawara.", her friend asked with a following sigh.
"Am I? I don't know. Maybe I am. But why?", she replied in a defeated tone. "I'm pretty sure you are..", Kara said. "We'll talk about it at lunch."

Classes went by as slow as possible but finally, lunchtime came.
Kara and Airi went into the cafeteria hand in hand and sat down at the table where their 3 friends were waiting.

"Is everything alright, Airi?", Mary asked after seeing the unusual mood of Airi. Kara explained the situation and everyone looked at Airi, expecting her to say something.

"I have to make him like me, at any cost."

Eyes wide open, everyone stared at her like it was the end of the world.
"What!? Does that sound stupid or what?", Airi sighed. "No but..it sounds surreal..", Mary giggled.
"It's not funny! I'm literally almost crying about a guy. I'm not crying yet but almost! And I've known about his existence since like yesterday! What is happening..", the girl said.