06

"Ready for the big game tomorrow, James?" Mary grinned as she walked past him, patting his back.

"You can do it, mate." Marlene laughed. "I know we'll win for sure."

Tomorrow was the biggest game of the term, as some students from Durmstrang were visiting. Gryffindor had managed to win against the other teams. This meant they could go against Beauxbatons or not next term.

"James." Juniper approached his table. "Dumbledore wants us to go to his office."

"What?"

"All of the prefects, Head Boys, Head Girls. Every one of that lot. You're the only one not there and he sent me to get you, so come on."

"Shit, the meeting? I'm sorry, I forgot-"

"I can tell. Get up and let's go."

She dragged him by the back of his collar, pulling him out of his seat. "You're surprisingly strong." He laughed as he skipped slightly to keep up with her.

"And you're surprisingly late."

"Hey! Why so bitter?" James asked, still trying to keep up with her quickened pace.

"It's none of your business. I'd just like to get this meeting over and done with."

"Juniper Creek."

"James Potter."

"You seem so..."

"So what?"

"You know... angry."

"Well, James, I am. I am angry."

"About what?"

"It's nothing. Just leave it."

"... Okay."

"Good."

They walked together in silence, and all to be heard was their shoes on the hard floor.

"You know if you do want to talk about it... Then uh-"

"You're the last person I'd want to talk to about it.

James nodded, "Cool."

They approached Dumbledore's office, going up the stairs in silence yet again. His office was full of the other prefects, who all turned their heads at the opening of the door.

"I got him."

"Splendid, both of you take a seat please."

Dumbledore waited a few moments for everyone's attention before speaking.

"As you all may know, tomorrow is one of the biggest events in Hogwarts. We have never made it this far in our school's quidditch history. So, we need to show our players that we're proud of them."

"Before the game I need everyone to wish the players luck. Not only will it improve our school image to see us so united, but it will also be good for player morale."

"We will also all be wearing something red to support the Gryffindor team, so don't forget that either. Dismissed."

"Potter, Creek, I'd like you both to stay behind again."

Juniper watched Nathan storm out of Dumbledore's study, not even bothering to look back at her. "Sir, please, this isn't a good time."

"I am not going to adhere to your schedule, Miss Creek. You accepted the opportunity, so it is your fault that it cuts into your own time."