Eternal Promises

Ei backed away from the puppet, admiring it. It was an exact replica of herself, beautifully mechanized, beautifully crafted.

This one would not cry like the last. It will not be weak. It will be strong and unmoving, carrying out her wishes of an endless, tranquil eternity.

Old, melancholic grief surfaced in her, but she didn't understand why. Was it the loss of her friends? Was it the fate of being sealed away from the nation she loved so much? She couldn't understand many emotions, and these were one of the many complex ones.  But it wasn't time to ponder.

This is for the better, as she wiped away her tears. She will finally honor her promise to her people of Inazuma.

And while the Shogun carried out her orders, the electro archon would meditate in the Plane of Euthymia, free from erosion and change.

But beneath her fingertips, far too much would occur.

Ei stood up and approached the puppet, a delicate hand caressing her cheek.

"Dear Shogun, fulfill my promise to all of Inazuma for an endless eternity. Let our garden of tranquility be frozen with time, so losses and change will never tear us apart into an endless void of grief. Understand, and do as I command you."

Both knew this was the last time they would see each other again for centuries.. Maybe even thousands of years.

"I will honor your wishes." The puppet's voice was inhumane and harsh.

Relief and emptiness filled the archon's heart once more.

"If I may ask you of a question."

"What would you like to know?"

The puppet's eyes seemed to harden. "Human life is fragile. Humans are weak. They crack under pain and harden from torture. Will your people fester well under these conditions?"

Ei grasped the puppet's hand and stared deep into the puppet's eyes. "These dear conditions will prevent the despair and pain we speak of."

The Shogun's eyes stared blankly. "If that is what you command."

Far away into the future, Inazuma would succumb to the loss of ambitions and memory. This is not an endless eternity. This is a spiraling erosion of human life, damaging and cracking away one by one. Until a day will come where only the archon herself remains.

But the Shogun and the archon will stand by, believing they were right.

Yet, she did not predict a future where the true fate of Inazuma will lie in a person of mystery's hands.