Chapter 5

Clover called out for Noah, hoping that he would hear her, again she heard footsteps, and then his voice, "Clover, where are you?" Noah yelled, as he came into view he ran to her. She put out her hand and held his, "Goodbye my love," she whispered quietly. Noah sobbing as she uttered those words. as her head slumped back and the light drew from her beautiful emerald green eyes, he listened for the sound of her breathing, the forest was silent.

She was dead......

"No!" Noah cried, "no Clover, please come back!" But he know in his heart that she was NEVER coming back, so he got up, took the flowers that Clover had collected, and trudged back to the gazebo, sobbing as he went, for he knew that he could never find another Clover, she was the only one, the one he loved.
Noah began decorating the gazebo with gardenias, wattles, bottlebrush, hibiscus and bougainvillea blossoms. "Clover would've wanted that," he thought to himself. He had finally shrunk the pile of flowers to a single 4 leaved clover; he took it in his hand and lay down, holding it up above his head, keeping all his focus on that single clover. It was his memory of her, the one thing that he could keep forever, the only reminder of his one true love.

The End