Amelia Gracelynn Janowitz

Full Name
Amelia Gracelynn Janowitz

Nicknames
Lia,Grace,Gracy

Date Of Birth
February 3rd, 1984

Birth Place
St. Thomas General Hospital

Parents
Laura Knowles and Lenny Janowitz

Siblings
Tara Knowles

Age
24

Education
Charming Elementary School,
Charming Middle School,
Charming High School (Class of 2002 ; Saludictorian) ,University Of The Pacific (Stockton ,California ) DeMarcos Culinary School (Fresno ,California)

Degrees
Masters in Spanish (2005), Master's in Accounting and Business Management (2007),Master's in Culinary Arts and Pastries (2004)

Job
Owns a small Cafe/Bakery

Hobbies
Tattooing, Playing Guitar, Photography, Cooking

Background

Amelia is Lenny Janowitz only daughter ,she's also Tara's younger half sister ,She usually goes by Grace ,her mother divorced Tara's father and married Lenny ,who was her best friend since high school ,3 years later they were expecting Grace .Laura and Tara's father had shared custody of Tara ,up until Tara no longer wanted to live with her and Lenny when she was 14.

Tara was 3 when Grace was born,at first Tara was ecstatic to have a little sister but her father's hatred towards her mother began to affect Tara and he slowly began turning Tara against her mother and Lenny ,although both girls lived in the same town and at a close distance from each other they didn't get along , Tara's resentment towards Lenny and their mother was greater than the need to build a bond with her little sister, but Gracelynn had the other club kids to hang out with ,including Jax Teller and Opie Winston who were the same age as Tara and Thomas Teller who was the same age she was they soon became friends, but at 9 years of age Gracelynn lost her best friend due to his heart defect , this threw SAMCRO into mourning and the SAMCRO president into depression and Ireland.

Gracelynn was 12 when Lenny was arrested on 1995 for the murder of 3 ATF agents, although Lenny was arrested she still managed to conserve the strong bond she had with her father , her mother ,given the option to divorce Lenny, decided to remain at her husband's since and to void the prison clause stating that she rather die than no longer be his wife ,after the years they've been apart,jail time didn't matter to her .It was that same year when Tara and Jax had began dating ,much to Gemma's displeasure, Although Tara was around the club more she still ignored and resented Grace and their mother , Grace tried many times to connect with her ,but Tara shot her down every time, Jax even tried to help the sisters bond only to be reprimanded by Tara for it.

A year later JT, Jax's father died in a motorcycle accident,Clay took over as president and married Gemma in 1997 , the same year Tara and Jax graduated high school. Jax and Grace were always hanging out whenever Tara wasn't around after JT's death, she also began having a crush on Jax but kept it to herself knowing that he was dating her older sister, but the fact that Grace and Jax spent time together seemed to bug Tara, they bonded over the rebuilding of JT's pan head and the fact that they were both First nine second generation, Tara often told Grace to leave Jax alone and stay away from her

In 1999 when Jax was 19 ,Grace was 15, Tara left Charming to go to Chicago leaving behind a broken hearted Jax and a distressed Grace ,Jax soon began drinking and sleeping around with the crow eaters at the club ,while Grace threw herself into her school work . She also began spending more time with a boy from school named Finn Grady , they soon became friends and High school sweethearts until Finn, who was of an Irish family had to move back to Ireland at the end of senior year ending things with Grace the last night he would be in Charming.

Although heartbroken from Finn's departure Grace didn't allow herself to fall into depression ,She instead threw herself into college she attended a college in Stockton for business management / Accounting and a Master's in Spanish while still living in Charming, as she worked on her degree for Business Management she also works on her master's for culinary arts and pastries in Fresno ,She found herself excelling her classes and managed to finish in less then 5 years rather than 6.

Things between Grace and Jax changed a lot during the years , Jax saw a lot of Tara in Grace, the green eyes , the way she managed to catch people's attention but unlike Tara,Grace had a softness to her , she genuinely cared for people but this was something only people who were close to her could see , which was her parents and SAMCRO not including Jax of course .

Grace and Laura still lives in Charming and visits Lenny with Grace every Saturday without fail , although their family dynamic was different from other families ,they all loved each other very much. Lenny , although was in prison for most of Grace's life, was protective of his only daughter and often had his brothers take her out and teach her how to properly defend herself.

Laura and Grace both opened G&L cafe when Grace finished her degree in business management in 2006 at UoP and after after finished her master's for culinary art and pastries at DeMarcos Culinary School in Fresno, G&L was a big hit in Charming , customers often came from Stockton ,Lodi , Bakersfield, Morada ,Tracy and other cities both in NorCal and SoCal.

When Jax married Wendy Case and brought her back to Charming ,things became more tense with him and Grace due to the fact that she could see that Jax wasn't over her sister and was using Wendy as a rebound. Although Grace had feelings for Jax she never was mean or hateful towards Wendy, she helped Wendy with her crank addiction and let her hang around the bakery and slowly began teaching her simple recipes until Wendy began getting a hang of it and asked for employment at G&L which Grace happily gave her.

Wendy gradually started to realize that Jax didn't love her and decided to ask him for a divorce which he agreed to , Grace then let Wendy rent the little apartment above the bakery so she'd have a place to live. Jax slowly began rebuilding his friendship with Grace , a couple of weeks after Wendy asked for the divorce she discovered she was pregnant and that Jax was the father but she still wanted to go through with the divorce, Grace and Laura began helping Wendy with her appointments and making sure she was remained healthy throughout her pregnancy. Wendy is currently 7 months pregnant and now in charge of the cash register in the bakery rather than baking with Laura and Grace . Jax is slowly beginning to get over Tara , his attention now drifting to Grace and Grace is debating whether or not to leave Charming.