─── four

It was the day.

Willow and Hermione were pretty much excited, and they knew who would be selected. Willow looked at Cedric, who was talking to his friends with a smile. Suddenly, he looked in her direction and gave her a soft smile, to which Willow mouth all the best. Everyone were assembled in thr great hall to witness the selection of champions.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dum-
bledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" - he indicated the door behind the staff table - "where they will be receiving their first instructions."

Willow's gaze met Harry, who was already looking at her. She raised an eyebrow to which he looked away. She was confused of his behaviour now.

The flames inside the goblet turned suddenly red again. Sparks
began to fly from it. Next moment, a tongue of flame shot into the air, a charred piece of parchment fluttered out of it - the whole
room gasped.

Dumbledore caught the piece of parchment and held it.

"The champion for Durmstrang," he read, in a strong, clear
voice, "will be Viktor Krum."

"No surprises there!" yelled Ron as a storm of applause and
cheering swept the Hall. Willow saw Victor Krum enter into the chamber told by Dumbledore.

A second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled
by the flames.

"The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur
Delacour!"

"Oh look, they're all disappointed," Hermione said over the
noise, nodding toward the remainder of the Beauxbatons party. Willow saw two Beauxbaton girls sobbing.

"Who cares, she's gonna be the best I say" Willow cheered her as Hermione smiled.

Dumbledore pulled the third piece of parchment.
"The Hogwarts champion," he called, "is Cedric Diggory!"

"No!"

"Yes!" Ron and Hermione said together as Ron gave her a glare.

"Excellent!" Dumbledore called happily as at last the tumult
died down. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I
can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every
ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real -"

The fire in the goblet had just turned red again. Sparks were fly-
ing out of it. A long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borne
upon it was another piece of parchment. Willow frowned as she saw Dumbledore catching the parchment as his eyes scanned it.

"Another champion? Is that even possible? " Willow asked as Ron shook his head.

"No" Harry said shortly as he looked at her.

"Harry Potter."

The whole crowd became silent. Willow looked at Harry with frown as Harry went rigid.

"I didn't put my name in," Harry said blankly. "You know I
didn't." he looked at Willow and shook his head and averted his gaze to Ron and Hermione.

"Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"
"Go on," Hermione whispered, giving Harry a slight push. Willow saw Harry stroding towards the chamber as he lowered his head. And Willow didn't like seeing Harry like this. She knew that it can't be him for a matter of fact.