Meeting New People- er, Creatures

Your P.O.V.

I leaned my head on the window, sighing. A manor came into view as the last lyrics of the song played in my headphones.

𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒

𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒹𝓊𝓈𝓀 𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝒶𝓌𝓃

The car halts to a stop in front of the gates of the manor. I climb out of the limo and stand staring intensely at the Victorian style building.

𝐵𝒶𝒷𝓎, 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒

𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝑔𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔

𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒹𝓊𝓈𝓀 𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝒶𝓌𝓃

The driver took out my luggage and I thanked him. I grab my bags and start walking, opening the gates and proceeding towards the building. My suitcase rolled on the pavement and my boots tapped against the stone.

𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒹𝓊𝓈𝓀 𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝒶𝓌𝓃

I shiver as I feel a gaze on me. Stopping in my tracks near the fountain, I look around, spotting a shadow of a slender guy in one of the windows. All I could make-out were menacing red eyes and I stared right into them.

𝐵𝒶𝒷𝓎, 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒

We stared at each other for a few moments, not ready to back down. The last lines of the song rang in my ears as the figure's gaze drifted onto the roses in my left hand and it vanished. 'What is that supposed to mean?'.

𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒹𝓊𝓈𝓀 𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝒶𝓌𝓃

𝐵𝒶𝒷𝓎, 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒

I walk up to the door, knocking it twice. Five minutes pass and I get no answer. Sighing, I lift my hand to knock again but the door started to open on his own. 'Classic horror movie scene.', I push the door open and enter.