Before We Fall

~☆"So before we fall, is there anything you'd like to say?"☆~

An Ollie x Amelia Cosmic Fury one-shot

○○○○○

Initializing...

Finished!

Blaring, the sound of the microwave came to a halt, signaling Ollie Akana to take out his warm buritto. He took a few seconds to admire the advanced technology of his spaceship before being abruptly shoved by a famished Izzy.

"Hey!" scolded Ollie.

"Sorry! Hungry," explained Izzy, forcing atleast three things into the machine at once.

Her teamate understood and went on his way.

Only a few hours ago, Zayto had returned from the dead with a galactic mission for the Dino Fury team: Mission Zordina. To get to the war zone planet, the Morphing Masters had assisted them with a silver and black megaship.

Ollie walked past Javi, Solon, Zayto and Aiyon, the last of whom clinging on to his returned friend. Just as he was about to get to his suite, Oliver saw someone on the windowsill of a large portrait window.

"Amelia?"

Her umber head of hair miserably turned around, them back to the large portrait window, just as sombre as she had previously been before uttering a word.

"Oh, hey,"

Noticing her dampened mood, her boyfriend decide to join her sitting on the windowsill. The tension compelled him to question her.

"So before we fall, is there anything you'd like to say?" asked Ollie.

"No. I'm perfectly fine!" retorted Amelia.

Ollie hung his head low biting the urge to call false.

"Okay, not really," Amelia Jones admitted."It's just that after so long, so many years of looking for my parents I found them! Just to have to loose them again to fight some evil overlord!"

He gently immersed her in his comforting arms, soothing her arms.

"It's ok," his lips touched her forehead,"you can vent to me."

He motivated her to continue.

The Rafkonian woman explained,"I love being a ranger but... it's hard to be here without them."

"I get it," agreed Oliver,"believe me. You just have to apply everything you love about them in everything you do from now on. Fight for them."

A hopeful smile began to spread on the pink ranger's face,"Thank you."

His response was to stroke her long brown hair.

"PDA; gross!" accused Izzy, passing by the pink-blue couple.

Her brother followed after,"But Izzy, you and Fern-"

"Shut up!"

The pair sighed, stepping off of the windowsill.

Ollie asked,"They're never going to give us some alone time, are they?"

Amelia responded,"For as long as they live."

On the main screen viewing of the megaship, they coukd only watch as the spacecraft passed a burning star. Obviously, Ollie could almost squeal from excitement, all his dreams happening at once. Amelia supported his fascination, her hand eagerly tugging his.

Planet Zordina in view!

The craft's AI warned.

"We're nearly there!" cheered Aiyon.

The light surronding Zordina's circumference reflected on the two as they made final vows.

"This is almost scary," voiced Amelia,"don't you think?"

"It won't be," disagreed Ollie,"just promise to be by my side every step of the way."

"Promise?"

"Promise,"

The light that flashed on them would soon turned to flashes of something else.

Battle.

°°°°

~Lovers To Enemies~

CLANG!

The edge of Amelia's Ankylo Hammer slung against the navy lining of Dark Ollie's new saber, though it was quickly fended off. With two mighty kicks, Cosmic Fury Red was pushed back.

"Are your weapons really that poor?" mocked Dark Ollie,"Or was that always your fighting style?"

"Shut up," gritted Amelia,"SHUT UP AND FIGHT ME!"

She swung the hammer in aimless rage, but soon succeeding as her ex's sword flung out of his hands. Instinctively, Amelia grabbed his fallen ShadeFury Saber and directed it at his chest to warn him from advancing any further.

"Don't take a step,"

Ollie laughed,"Is that a threat?"

"A promise," Amelia vowed.

As she positioned the sword forward, inching it closer and closer to his heart, her body gave in to regret and she dropped it.

He erupted into maniacal laughter.

"Why," begged Amelia, tears welling behind the visor of her helmet,"are you doing this? Torturing us like this?"

"To make you understand," scoffed Oliver."If we can't hurt eachother, neither of our misfions will succeed. If you can't look at me when you stab me then..."

His speech took a pause as he held her beautiful face, tears streaming down, in his palms.

"Love's our greatest curse," she answered."Our only option's to let it go."

Like there were no others in the battlefield, like they had not lost everything to Lord Zedd's cause, their lips met.

And for that one, secular moment, their love was able to stand inbetween the light and the dark before reality summoned them back and made them realise how they held their weapons behind their partner's back.

"I guess this is it," realized Amelia, sniffling.

Ollie sorrowfully nodded,"Everything we've ever wanted."

"Just enough before we fall,"

○○○○○

(A/N: That hurt. Literally.

This was supposed to come out two days ago but my friends wanted to get food one day and the next I was sick... you get the picture.

I binged Cosmic Fury the day it came out and cried for my childhood but also for these two cause what they were going through this season was not for the weak. Plus it gave me something emotional to write.

Maybe we'll meet again if I make another Ollmelia one-shot in the future but for now, have a good day!)