🌷|| Wishes Come True.

"Happy Birthday to you!~"

He also wanted to hear those words from his parents. But never had he even heard them utter those words to either him nor his brother.

Isamu looks up at the clock hung up against the wall. It was 12AM sharp. It was his birthday, but to him, it was just like any other day. He lets out a sigh of frustration as he gets himself off his bed, his legs hanging down at the edge.

The young man makes his way towards the kitchen, making sure his steps were careful so he wouldn't alert his roommates. Once he gets there, he goes through the drawers. His attention is caught when Isamu notices a packaged muffin in the messy storage of food.

He settles down the muffin alongside a candle and lighter he had found in one of the cabinets on the counter. It was like an entire tradition to whisper a wish and blow the candle out, so that was what exactly the man did. He carefully adjusts the candle on the muffin, later lighting it up to illuminate a fire.

Isamu clasps his hand together, murmuring his wish. Hands now on the counter, he blows the candle out. "Another year, a few weeks away from death. Lovely." He speaks to himself while putting the candle away.

"I'll meet him again someday. I hope."

The sound of an alarm can be heard going off, only for Yasu's hand to aggressively slam the phone. He groggily sits up, burying his face into the palm of his hands and let's out an 'ugh'.

"Don't worry, it's your final year in high school... Don't fret," He'd tell himself that when he got into his usual brown t-shirt and dark blue jacket. Slumping up his messenger bag, he scurries down the stairs. "Morning ma. Morning dad," Yasu exclaims as he rushes towards the front door.

Keiko gives him a confused glance before calling out, "Leaving so soon? What about breakfast?" She asks her son with a worried tone. Daku nods, "I could just send you by car y'know. There's no need to go by foot, kiddo." He adds onto the conversation.

Yasu sighs and chuckles nervously, shrugging his shoulders off whilst he slipped his feet into his shoes. "I think I'm fine going to school by walking. And ma, I'll head to the nearest cafe to buy food."  He responds.

Not giving the two parents time to respond, Yasu exits the house and bid farewell to them from the window. Usually, he'd use the shortest route to school, but since he was quite early today, maybe perhaps trying the much longer route wouldn't hurt.

"...Oh, for god's sake."

He wasn't even expecting that there would be so many people using the sidewalk at the same time. He passes through the crowd, covering his ears with a pair of noise-cancelling headphones to block out the sounds of people talking. He wonders why they have the need to just — talk loudly. Pushing through the mountain of people, Yasu ends up in a coffee shop. Most 'unexpected' place to be in at 7 in the morning for a 17 year old.

After paying the overpriced coffee, he was about to leave the place.. Not before he begins struggling to push the door that very obviously had the sign "PULL" on it. Not thinking twice, he tries to push the door again, basically attracting the attention of customers and servers alike.

He hears a small laugh come from another man, who gestures his hand on the handle and pulls the door open. "After you," The man says as he tries to hold in a chuckle. Yasu couldn't help but inspect the man intently, looking at his brown hair and eyes to his overall pale skin and tall structure(not as tall as Yasu).

"Oh- uh.. Thank you," Yasu says in a hesitant tone, getting out of the coffee shop as the other man follows suit. "No need to thank me. You really should read the signs next time." He brushes it off with a small smile. After a moment of staring at each other in an awkward silence, the man finally heads off into the direction that Yasu was coincidentally headed off to too.

"Hey, wait!" The black-haired man calls out to the brunette as he runs towards him, trying to catch his pace. Isamu swiftly turns around to meet the younger man's gaze before raising an eyebrow, waiting for Yasu to elaborate.

"Uh.. Where are you going to? Considering you are going to the same direction I'm headed," He abruptly asks, finally catching the other's pace whilst Isamu slowed down so Yasu could breath in. Isamu pauses for a moment before responding with, "College."

Yasu was quite taken aback by the stranger's bluntness, but disregarded it since they are strangers to each other. A̶̶t̶ ̶l̶̶e̶̶a̶̶s̶̶t̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶ ̶Y̶̶a̶̶s̶̶u̶ ̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶n̶̶k̶̶s̶.

As the two continue walking down the sidewalk beside each other, they talked about various things. First awkward introductions, then later on about science and something about arts and music that Isamu wasn't really paying attention about. Instead, he was more focused on how the taller man struck quite the resemblance with the boy he met 12 years ago. Those  same dark brown eyes and the messy hair. Maybe that WAS him.

After saying their goodbyes, Isamu is left to ponder how in the world he managed to make a friend that seemed like that he needed proper sleep. Maybe his wish did came true, so that was something to he happy about even on this somber and average day that was his birthday.

words : 938.