4; Feelings

"No! You can't hide it, are you crazy?!"Miyazaki-chan exclaimed with wide eyes.

"What do you mean I can't hide it?!" Your face scrunched up in bewilderment.

You girls were all currently eating lunch in an open classroom, somewhere y'all were sure nobody (nobody as in Kazutora) would find you and overhear.

"That's not a good idea. It never ends well trying to hide it." Asuka added.

"Listen, if you try to hide how you feel you're just gonna look like a dumbass." Miyazaki-chan said, her tone serious.

"So what then, the best option is to just show it and look like an even bigger dumbass?!" You scrunched your face as you spoke.

".....Yeah!" They all nodded.

"Hell naw! That is so stupid!" You ranted, throwing your hands up.

"Hey! I don't know why you're freakin' out about this at week, like what, six?! Why didn't you see this coming?!" Hanako-chan accused, pointing a finger at you.

"What?! Who sees a crush on someone coming? Be for real." You rolled your eyes.

"Literally everyone except you, apparently! You didn't notice the way you've been acting around him? I mean damn, you've had hearts in your eyes since the day he first came to school!" Yumi ranted.

You slapped a hand over your mouth, letting out a deep gasp.
"Did I really?!" You asked nervously, your tone much softer now.

"Yes!"

"It was pretty bad."

"Literally hearts in your eyes."

"Everyone noticed."

They all said one after the other. You groaned, covering your face with your hands.
"I don't think this is good. I don't know if he likes me ba-

"He does." They once again all said in unison.

"I'm serious, guys!" You whined childishly.

"And we're serious too! I mean think about it, he always walks with you and he defends you all the time!" Yumi said, a slight swoon in her voice.

"Wait what? Defends me all the time? He only helped me once."

"No, that's not true, you're just never there." Hayashi-chan cut in. "Whenever he hears some guys talking about you in a way he doesn't like, he gets super mad, like, really pissed."

You were silent, taking in and registering what she just said.
"Well..that's not a for sure sign that he likes me. We'll just have to see, I guess. I'll play it cool as best as I can." You shrugged, sighing in slight defeat.

Crushes are always such a hassle. They can be fun and exciting, but the anxiousness of not knowing how someone feels about you always kinda sucks. Most times crushes end up just being phases anyway, and honestly for your sake, you hoped this one was a phase.

The fifty minute lunch period was soon over, leaving you bored once again in your math class. It was pretty trash having to go from fun lunchtime to boring math, but whatever, that's life. You always sat right up front and to the far left side by the window. You had to be in the front in all your classes because it helped you focus and see better. You hated having to peer through all these different people just to see what's on the board.

At some point in the middle of class a crumbled piece of paper fell onto your desk, right on top of your binder. You looked around with furrowed brows, seeing no one looking suspicious in any way, before opening the paper.