Eternal Love

She was different to him.

So much more different than all the other females he had seduced and slept with and manipulated. And it wasn't for the mere fact that she was an herbivore. No—she had been a hard-to-get, which was a first for him.

He was a lady's man.

So, most females threw themselves at him, giggling and blushing at every word he spoke, submitting themselves to him when he eventually took them to his bed and had them whimpering and pleading beneath him as he whispered promises he knew that he would never keep into their ear. And the next day, he'd leave them, giving them a phone number or social media that was completely fake.

But her... the first time he had gave her his signature, fang-flashing grin that'd always have female carnivores blushing and female herbivores cringing away, she had simply snorted before walking off—ignoring him, as if he never existed.

It'd been that one interaction that sparked his interests for her, that had him chasing after her, when it was so commonly the other way around. He liked it, enjoyed it, having to put effort into catching the attention of a female herbivore who had such high self-confidence.

Every conversation they had, whether it was in person or through MuzzleTime, was ripe and fruitful, filled with laughter and smiles and flirtatious comments... and sometimes even tears. But he enjoyed the time he spent with her, cherished every second of it, and overtime, he began to see her as more than just another pretty female that he could sleep with and abandon.

He saw her as a friend—and maybe even more than that.

It was such an alien sensation to him, this feeling growing in his chest. It made him realize that being a player, seducing and sleeping around with so many other females, had hardened him, made him cynical to what a true, passionate relationship could be like.

The countless hearts he had broken by ditching the females he'd slept with...

The many maidenheads he had stolen through his fake promises and nectar-sweet lies...

One night, when he was laying silent in his bed, staring up at the roof of his apartment for what felt like an eternity, he broke down sobbing, remembering all the females he had scarred before.

Back then, he wouldn't have thought twice about it... but now that his eyes were opened, now that his heart was no longer hardened by his cynical view of love... 

He didn't want to be that person anymore. He didn't want to be that lier, that deceiver, who manipulated the mammals around him without having a care for the harm it might cause.

He wanted to be a better person... for her... for himself... for all the females he had hurt prior. He needed to be better.

So, he learned to suppress that need, that urge, to seduce any female he saw attractive. He wanted to be loyal to one female and one female only: Cosmo the okapi.

And when he finally started dating her after three months, it'd been even more difficult to suppress that urge, especially since they hadn't slept together yet.

And a few times, he almost failed, almost found himself cheating on her. And it was mostly due to his frustration at the fact that she wanted to wait so long for their first time together.

He'd asked her directly once or twice, if she would sleep with him. But she would only say that she wasn't ready... that it would be too soon to do it now.

Although he' simply replied with a silent nod and words of assurance, her response had only frustrated him further. But he chose to respect her choice, chose to wait until she was ready to fully submit herself to him.