12|A LESSON LEARNT

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 12

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 12

"𝗭𝗮𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼

"𝗭𝗮𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼." 𝗛𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻. "Hayi marn, Ufunani Nkosinathi?!" I snap as I walk up the stairs heading into the room.

"Ngikhuluma nawe" He calls after me as I enter the room. "Leave me alone please" I groan as I enter the closet.

"What did that woman say to you? I swear I'm-" I cut him off. "What will you do, huh? Will you kill her too?" I scoff.

"What are you talking about?" He clears his throat to cover his suprise. "Don't act dumb Nkosinathi, you know exactly what I'm talking about so please, leave me alone" I say as I change out of my clothes.

"Zano... I'm not proud of what I've done during those years, believe me. I was new to the business, I wanted power and I would do anything for it. I want to forget about that period in my life. So please just-" I cut him off.

"It won't bring her father back! You killed him and forced her to pay you all that money, with her damn savings. She has a child for fucks sake!" I shout as I enter the room leaving him behind.

"I'm fucking sorry okay. I had to, that's to only way that my kids and I would be able survive" He groans as he follows me.

"Out of everything you chose murder. You chose this life, you chose to put us all in danger" I abruptly stop and stare at him.

"I didn't chose this life, it was the only option I had. I'm a made man Zanothando. I'm more than lucky to even have you here, everything had been chosen for me from birth." He sighs as his breath quickens.

"I don't care about that. Nkosinathi, why do you do this? Why do you hurt other people?" I whisper.

"It's my job, it's what puts food on the table" His jaw clenches as he walks towards the door.

"Get someone to get the guest room ready" I inform him. "You're not sleeping in there" He argues.

"Yeah I'm not. You are" I scoff. "This is my room" He turns around. "Our room my love, I own it just as much as you do" I get into bed.