Chapter One: This Situation We're In

Tsukasa POV:

That day was the day that my hatred for Rui Kamishiro was formed.

I remember the way I stood in the hallway, talking to Shizuku.

Rui shouted at me to move out of the way, and when I looked back, darkness.

I woke up the next day in the hospital, revenge and anger boiling in my chest.

I hated him.

And I still do.

"Tsukasa! Are you coming? We can't miss this meeting." Saki shouted back at me. I shut my locker and walked after her, moving quickly to catch up.

"S-Saki! Wait, you could slip!" I caught up to her, and we walked to the auditorium with the rest of the school.

First day of school. I was a 3rd year student now, and I knew that this year had to be perfect. I sat down in the bleachers with my sister. And as the welcome ceremony started, all of us went quiet.

"Hello students new and returning! I am your headmaster, and I will ensure that every student gets a proper education, and an amazing school experience. As most of you know and have been looking forward to, the school trip this year is still happening. Now, I'll get into the boring stuff..."

Tsukasa zoned off at this part. He hated getting told what to do, especially when it came to rules. Do this, do that, it's all the same. Tsukasa himself had even added a new rule into the books, No fighting in the halls or during lunch. Him and Rui had been fighting, when it got a little physical, so they had been banned from even being in the same class. He had actually enjoyed not being near Rui. Tsukasa snapped back to reality after the rules were done.

"Now, we have to announce that the school trip will be to the beach. When it comes up, we will discuss it more. Right now, we know that the trip will be overnight, and you will all stay in a hotel room with a partner."

Tsukasa got more interested by the mention of sharing a hotel room. 'Will I chose my roommate? Or will I have to be forced together with someone?' he wondered.

The headmaster continued "You will be randomly assigned a roommate for the 3 days and 2 nights trip. If any problems occur with your roommate, we will take care of it. On the packets that we will hand out to you will have your roommate, and other details about the trip. Please have the permission form be signed by a month before the trip."

When the students were released, we all went through our classes. I looked through the packet. 'My schedule...the rules(ew)...and the school trip.' I scanned the paper, my eyes flying over the permission slip. I saw one name at the bottom.

Assigned partner: Rui Kamishiro

I froze, unknowingly clenching the paper harder. My sister stopped too.

"Tsukasa...?"

I shook my head, and let it go.
"Yeah?"

"Oh...you were just looking angry. I was wondering what happened?" Saki was so sweet. She cared for me, but she didn't have to get involved in my rivalry.

"It's nothing. Let's just go to your classes!"

The rest of the day was uneventful, as I showed Saki around school, then went through all of my classes. When I went to visit my last class, home room, and looked in the doorway.

There was only one person in there. The person I managed to avoid all day. The person who was glaring at me.

"Tsukasa..."

"Rui." I glared back, and in one step of his long ass legs, he was in front of me.

"Why are we roommates for the trip? Did you do this just to spite me?!?" He seemed upset, although I wasn't the one who flew a drone into the other's head!

"I didn't do anything! Now, we're going to the office and complaining!" I saw Rui's anger falter in his eyes, but I was too angry to bring it up.

"Fine." Rui stepped back, and looked away from me. I never understood what made Rui hate him back. Was it just because of how I treated Rui? I was the victim in their incident, so Rui had no right to loathe me!

Then, someone else walked in. It was Rui's friend, Mizuki Akiyama. "Hey! Rui, I got your book! Oh..." they saw our awkward state, and looked at Rui sympathetically. "Ah...right..."

"Let's go, I don't want to talk to him." Rui said harshly, which broke something inside of me. I don't know why, but I felt hurt by Rui's harsh words. Maybe it's because I want everyone to adore me, to smile because of me. I want his smile, I want his adoration. But Rui and me are enemies.

Enemies.

Enemies forever.

And ever...

(End)

(A/N)
Hey! Thank you for reading this! This is my first fanfic, so please excuse me for some mistakes. I'll try my best to keep a consistent schedule to update, but that may change as I'm in school. :)

(Important) The pining will start around chapter 3 or 4, but I'm not really following a plan.

Also, this is sfw, so don't worry! Please keep any comments of the not-appropriate sort to yourself!