Wedding

Wedding

Amber Perenna

I take off the blindfold and cup my mouth with my hands. A Sky Gondola and a bottle of Wanderlust await me. I squeeze Jack as hard as I can in a ferocious hug. We enter it and recline. The propellers hum to life beside me as I lay my head down on Jack's chest. His arms wrapped around me. We are suspended in the sky lazily drifting above kites dancing to their own hypnotic rhythm. I watch them as Jack warms my body against the cool breeze. We sit up and Jack pours the wine. We clink our glasses and take small sips. He cups my face in his hands and we kiss delicately savoring the moment. Everything else was white noise as our lips met. I closed my eyes to focus on my other senses. Surrendering to this embrace. Breath itself is secondary to this new warmth that is travelling through me. An ethereal downy coat keeping me from the world outside. We separated and I took another sip of wine. He looked so happy as he studied my eyes. Words can be withheld, and actions veiled but the eyes are an open book.

"Jack holds me from the waist I want to look below us." I asked him and felt his arms securing me a moment later.

I looked down and saw we were right above where we first met. I began suspecting things when I heard wine being poured behind me but tried not to show it. I don't know if you can internally giggle but I was. I kept my best Poker Face on the outside though. He got up and I wondered what he was doing when he got down on one knee and revealed the most beautiful engagement ring I have ever seen.

"Amber Evelyn Perenna will you marry me?".

"Yes!" I exclaimed much to his delight.

He slipped the ring on my finger, and it shimmered in the sunlight. I gave him the biggest hug I could muster, feeling pure joy. He gave me the deepest kiss that we might have stayed in forever. I held out my hand and admired my ring.

I took it and had a swig. Wanderlust... the best Merlot there is.

Rachel Evans

"I'm getting married!" She said excitedly, making funny motions with her hands.

"Yes, you are, we met *words* and from then to now you have blossomed from a girl into a beautiful young woman on the cusp of a new chapter." I told her.

She beamed and gave me a small hug which I returned. This next week is all about her. Phoebe and I will do everything in our power to make it magical.

"Soon we will start devouring Favor and Veil's offerings at your house." I told her.

"Yes." She said lingering on the s.

Jack Tarthin

The next thing I know is two girls bear tackle me in excitement. "Thank you so much!!!! We have been wanting to wedding plan with Amber for years now!" When I stand again from under the water I reply. "Welcome haha."

Amber Perenna

We gathered around a table covered in bridal magazines, color swatches, and a stack of wedding planning books. We sipped on mimosas and nibbled on bruschetta as we poured over the details of my ceremony to be. As the afternoon wore on, we made progress on several other wedding details – the caterer, the DJ, the florist, and the photographer. We laughed and joked as they worked, savoring the fun anticipation of the planning process. At the end of our session, I sat back and surveyed the progress we had made. I couldn't help but feel grateful for the love and support of my friends, and I know that their efforts would help to make my special day unforgettable.

Amber Perenna

I opened the group chat on my phone and began to write. We need to take a trip to Chíc16 to get some stuff for prepping for the rehearsal dinner and wedding invitation photos. Phoebe - Definitely, Beautypalooza @Amber's! Rachel - Yeah girl, we got ya We walked into the store and noticed some gift baskets on sale as well as perfume samples available. The air smelled like Honeysuckle Spice from the candles. We made a beeline for the cocktail dresses. Many colors and styles were on display.