Life's too short to worry about things that we got wrong

It was lunch time when Chuuya arrived with a bloody nose at the nurse's office. The ginger haired boy did nothing but glare at the nurse, who did nothing but told him to wash his nose and lie down, giving the boy a pack of ice to place over his face.

 The nurse's office seemed to be the quietest place in the school, that was until someone came in.

"Chuuya-san you shouldn't get involved in mindless fights you know?" Atsushi speaks, as he stands beside the bed Chuuya laid down, clearly irritate by the fact someone was there to point out the obviousness.

"Huh!? And Who are you?" Chuuya spoke, clearly irritated. "Oh um I uh I am Atsushi Nakajima! Nice to meet you Chuuya-san! I was on my way to return to my class and Dazai-san told me to pay a visit to the nurse office and-"

"And what? Take a picture of my weaken state? That bastard knows-"

"Chuuya-san, I think you shouldn't curse here" Atsushi spoke, sweatdropping the moment he realized how much dazai and he hated each other. "It was only because kouyou-senpai asked Dazai to visit you and Dazai-san couldn't so I came here as a replacement"

Chuuya does nothing but hum in response, clearly not interested in continuing a conversation with someone at the moment, much like talk to the juniors of his school. The nurse dismisses both of them out of the office, clearly timing them out because he used up about half an hour lying on the bed.

Atsushi looks forward at his senior, before bowing down in respect, "I would be going now, take care". Chuuya clearly was statled for a will before going back at his own classroom only to see their history teacher teaching, giving the classmates a stern look. Chuuya couldn't see Dazai anywhere.

It wasn't like Chuuya was happy to see his bench being empty. It wasn't like Chuuya was concerned about someone so low like him. Chuuya never will be in his thousand lives.

It was that Dazai, despite being a clown never tried to skip classes, especially in subjects like History, knowing that the teacher would well enough expel anyone if they were the principal.

Sighing, Chuuya roamed away from his classroom, looking at his watch to see there were still 5 minutes left before the school ended. Walking pass the detention room, Chuuya caught a glimpse of dark brown hair, making Chuuya question if it was Dazai at that moment. 

With nothing to do, Chuuya peaks a little inside the room to see Dazai alone with the teacher, who did nothing but read a novel, while Dazai put his focus on the small notebook in front of him, writing and scribbling on it. 

Chuuya looks at the teacher before realizing it was their English teacher who was sitting in the room with him.

Oda raises his head before his eyes met Chuuya's, before gesturing him to come inside while he proceeded to stand up and leave, seeing the time was almost up making Dazai look above from his little world and towards Oda's eyes, before eying the figure of Chuuya Nakahara at the doorframe, a small smile playing on Dazai's lips, "Ahh and what brings you hear Shorthat?"

Chuuya does nothing but stares at him, clinging his fist to control his anger while trying not to lose his anger in front a teacher who was on their way to leave, "Dazai, Behave" Oda says before leaving those two.

A small victory smile took over Chuuya's scowl while Dazai stare in amusement yet hurt by his favourite teacher's words, before picking his belonging and moving to their main classroom, not before bumping into Chuuya and irritating him causing the duo to chase each other till they reach the class.

"And what did you do to get in detention again Dazai?" Yosano spoke, her short hair styled up with a clip, the bag held over her shoulders as Kunikida shakes his head in disapproval, saying how much Dazai brought disgrace to the class. Dazai does nothing but smirk at them, throwing his belongings in his bag, unaware of what is taken and left behind.

"Had a Ketchup fight with some people," Dazai jokingly says, before his eyes met Chuuya who stopped midway in keeping his belongings, Chuuya's eyes widening in shock before he silently speaks, 'The fuck you beat them up?'.

"That is such an irrational behaviour Dazai" Kunikida comments as he proceeds to hit him with his book before keeping it inside his own bag.

"Talk about rationality" Dazai mutters before he rub the spot where Kunikida hit him, whining "That hurts Kuniiiikiiidaaa"

"You two I swear," Yosano mutters before readily stand, her arms crossed over her chest, "Besides, Dazai why did you even bother mingling with people like them?"

"Cause someone needs to fix their skill issues" Dazai beamed, laughing, "Life's too short to worry about things that we got wrong". Everyone seemed to nod in agreement except Kunikida, who complained how everyone didn't leave the school when the bell rang 15 minutes ago. 

 "Dazai are you participating in that debate competition next week?" Someone from their class shouted across the room.

Dazai does nothing but shrug, throwing his bag over his head before heading out of the room, turning towards his group mates "Kunikida's gonna treat us today right?" . In the faint background you could hear the students discussing why Dazai should go to the competition.

"Totally" Yosano said, as she walked fast towards the doorframe where Dazai stood, getting away from Kunikida who profoundly spoke about how wrong this was. Nevertheless, The three walk out of the room, leaving Chuuya in the room who did nothing but sigh at their behaviour, feeling a little bad for his classmate Kunikida, who had the burden to have Dazai with him after school.

Chuuya walks out of the classroom, not before turning around, only to see a black covered notebook under Dazai's table, the cabinet which held the notebook Chuuya saw few minutes ago. Raising an eyebrow, Chuuya walk backs to the class before picking up the notebook, the black cover which held brittle pages inside holding god knows what secret inside.

"That idiot" Chuuya says to himself before throwing the notebook in his bag and walking out of the room.

Oh how he wished he found the notebook sooner.